Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst trends in video games?  (Read 5973 times)

Description:

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
Re: Worst trends in video games?
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Next gen brown -I blame quake :)

over normal mapping -games that look like they've been wrapped in shiny cellophane.

No bots anymore :(   -I don't play multiplayer other than co-op, so those multiplayer maps go waste on my 360. yet games used to have bots. Just microsoft trying to force me to pay for xbox gold.

rubbish or short campaigns- all focus on multiplayer.

best trend- indie games and XBLA, and loads of cool flash games.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »
Quote from: A1260;630695

releasing singel player games in 2011. gaming is a social affair it is not the ps2 90's anymore. co-op online is where the fun is. every game should have an option to play it  through with a friend.
 (new maps/more levels/new guns etc)

Yeah, all games should be balanced for co-op. Where we differ though, is I call co-op someone having fun in the same room as me, not on a net connection. Split screen all the way for me. The Amiga and c64 taught me that.

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
True, their not mutually exclusive. I guess I just resent MS trying to corall me into giving them multiplayer cash. Should have bought a PS3 ;)

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
@Roj
I think A1260 was talking about co-op with people you know well, and your playing with, not so much against. as opposed to generic online multiplayer, where you get sworn at at by cheating kids ;)

Offline Khephren

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
Quote from: Franko;630756
Seems odd that you'd want all or most games to be multi-player... :confused:

There has got to be times when there is no-one else around to play against or times when you just want to chill out and enjoy playing a few games by yourself with no distractions... :)

I'm not sure any ones having a pop at single player games. I play single player games more than co-op.
but a lot of single player games, with a bit of tweaking, could have really nice co-op modes as well as a single player. instead you get shitty ai buddies, or tacked on multiplayer modes.