Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Here is my x5000  (Read 4365 times)

Description:

Offline djomre

• Show all replies
Re: Here is my x5000
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:51:16 AM »
Quote from: cpaek72;828401
Can't tell if you're being snarky or actually curious about the commercial. Here are pics from the set of the commercial. Currently in post, which includes editorial.

I lover the server racks as bookends!   :)

Offline djomre

• Show all replies
Re: Here is my x5000
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:53:58 AM »
Quote from: cpaek72;828399
Ok, so I spent the last few days looking up on the internet how to do basic things in os4.1 FE and this is what I've set up so far.

To my surprise, the computer is absolutely amazing. My main purpose of this was to avoid the habbit of collecting a bunch of vintage machines(I own a 2000, 500 and 1200) and enjoy a bunch of games I played as a kid and not bother with setting up complicated emulators and conflicts when it comes to chipsets, kickstart versions etc. Basically, this machine has exceeded my expectations. Once I got past the crazy monitor issue, everything else went relatively smoothly for a os4 noob. Everything plays great and all my classic software just runs without any issues. People will argue you can do the same thing in windows, but it just misses the feel of running a real amiga like os4. There is no interface to run the emulator - it runs invisible behind the scenes and all the folders look like classic Amiga where all you have to do is click the icon and it just runs.

I purchased a Sapphire r9 270x from Amiga On The Lake and it works flawlessly. By the way Aaron from AOTL is insanely curtious and very helpful. He called me on his cell phone to trouble shoot the original monitor issue I had and he couldn't have given me more confidence to shop with him in the future.

The computer was assembled by Amigakit and it came to me in perfect packaging and condition. The guys there take their time and with the build and it shows.

I also own a 16core HP z840 and Titan X, so the Amiga is definitely a computer that reminds me of when computers were still fun and not perfect. You spend hours trying to figure things out, but that's the charm of it. I haven't had so much fun reading articles about how to's since the the 80's and 90's as a child.

If anyone is on the fence about the x5000, I would whole heartedly recommend a buy. A-Eon, Hyperion, AOTL, Amigakit have all pulled off the impossible in my eyes.

I was on the fence, but might just take the plunge.  It's only money..   Thanks for the review!