Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Noob Workbench setup  (Read 4286 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Noob Workbench setup
« on: November 03, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
No need for ks3.1. The differences between 3.0 and 3.1 are negligable. About the only halfway reasonable arguement for it is to make os 3.5 and 3.9 easier to install. Even they arent really necessary though and theres very little they offer vs 3.0 and 3.1 setups that have similar 3rd party enhancements.

Im currently using my phone so cant really type a long response detailing the enhancements youre trying to learn about,  but theres plenty of threads around that do. If you head over to English Amiga Board (eab.abime.net) and look for a thread about making os3.x look like OS4 for example you'll find most stuff covered (its generic info though, so can be used outside of the thread starters intention).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Noob Workbench setup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
ClassicWB is just a collection of already available software configured to its creators liking.
Not that Im trying to discourage you from using it (although Im not a fan), but it offers nothing that cant be done by configuring the system yourself (save for ease of installation).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:32:52 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.