Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alien breed 3d II ported to another platform  (Read 12653 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Alien breed 3d II ported to another platform
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
As 4play mentioned its not easy due to the sources being both a mess, and 68k asm. Probably easier to write in more or less from scratch, or adapt it to an existing engine. The gfx and sound are available, and the sources, despite not being portable are still useful for things like enemy intelligence/attack patterns and other game nuances.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Alien breed 3d II ported to another platform
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
I was doing some youtube browsing and found this video of the 2meg version of AB3d2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsOY-wP_QM

It looks better than Id remembered (mostly played 4 meg version). Near as I can tell its the same as 4 meg version, but with roof and floors removed, and at 2x2 pixel resolution.
Seems to move at a decent speed too.
Anyone played much of the 2meg version to be able to elaborate on the differences please ?
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.