Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Better PDF viewer for classic amiga's. Possible?  (Read 6429 times)

Description:

Offline pVC

Re: Better PDF viewer for classic amiga's. Possible?
« on: April 03, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »
Have you tried RNOPDF?
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline pVC

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
Have you tried RNOPDF?

Yep. But unfortunately it's slow to load documents, even on a vampirized machine, and docs will often load incomplete. I can tolerate the long load times, but it's frustrating when it just completely stalls when trying to go to the next page.
Oh, never heard that. I assumed it would work pretty well on Vampires. It may stall if you run out of memory, but hmm.. how much RAM and graphics memory do you have on your setup? Does it help if you disable the "Preload next page" option from the Settings menu? Maybe launch the program without loading any document before trying to set that option, and load a PDF file after that?

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 05:52:21 PM »
I also use RNOpdf in Vamp, it works fine for me (Is slow on large documents, but i think this is to be expected due to limited cpu power?) except for one detail, when view mode is set to fullscreen and then i zoom into the document, when the document comes back to its normal size the zoomed document still shows (freezed in the last position) in the borders of the screen. I don't know if I explained the issue very well, my english is limited :)
Yeah, this is quite CPU intensive stuff, some PDF files can be slowish even on PPC.

The program still works otherwise but some leftover graphics on borders after zooming? I'll have to test more with slower systems if I can reproduce it... never seen that on my main setup at least.