Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This is why Commodore really failed  (Read 3042 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: This is why Commodore really failed
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:54:05 AM »
Commodore failed because it didn't promote its business with comic books?

I don't understand the premise.
It didn't work for Tandy, why would it have worked for Commodore?

Or am I just taking an ironic statement too literally?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: This is why Commodore really failed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 03:14:56 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;606539
Heh, nostaliga, it's not what it used to be  :)

My very first computer was a Tandy trs-80 coco1. I'd love to get one again some day (prefereably a coco3 though, one of the most under-rated 8bit machines ever in my opinion), but I unless I come across one particuarly cheap my amiga upgrades will come 1st. :)

The company I used to work for (Delmar Co) used to sell 68K based computers and owned a Marine electronics company and a Radio Shack franchise.
I alway like those computers too. Nice processor and while the graphic wasn't up to say Atari or Commodore it was mapped so that virtually any location in the processors memory map could be displayed via the VDG.
The problem with the Color Computer 3 was it was too little too late. Bean counters strike again. They limited the number of display colors (to keep it from competing with their PCs) and they insisted it cost no more to build then its predecessor.
Plus memory prices spiked and the 512K expansion card wound up costing more than the computer.

6809 assembly language was the last 8bit form of machine code I learned. It had some neat advantages over 6800 and 6502 code.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"