Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Petro: 500 units new Amiga 1200 Magic Pac  (Read 86345 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: Petro: 500 units new Amiga 1200 Magic Pac
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
Any way to get in touch with him if you're not a Facephuq member?

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;696155
Any way to get in touch with him if you're not a Facephuq member?

:bump:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
Quote from: NemoGoesSushi;712282
Got friends on FB and observed his fat and ugly daughter ride a horse in a clowns outfit.. Unfriended.. Moved on!

How is this relevant or necessary?

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »
Quote from: wrath of khan;712958
Yeah me neither.Sounds dodgy. Nigerian scam?:furious::laughing:

No, it's legit.  I was sent a money order for $15,000 and deposited it into my bank account, then returned the cash minus the $150 plus shipping.  Should have it any day.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:14:15 AM »
Quote from: persia;713916
If there were more NONE PROFOT ROJECT, the world would be a better place.

Social commentary... okay, I'll bite.  If nobody worked for profit, then everyone would have to work until the day they die as they would have been unable to accumulate wealth necessary to subsist after his or her own working age or ability to work comes to an end.  Additionally, since profit is part of the process which creates wealth, a profiting entity can therefore provide for others if he or she desires (charity,) including worker compensation beyond the actual value of the labor provided if so desired (extra wages, bonuses, parties, etc.)

While evil profiteers exist, profit in and of itself is not evil.  No more than the hammer which builds the house is evil because of its ability to be used as a lethal weapon.

In Petro's case I believe the correct characterization of this scenario is to say he is taking a loss, without knowing if whether he is being compensated for his time or the costs of freight and customs.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
Quote from: runequester;713928
Profit is that amount of labour that the worker has stolen from him :swords:

The is the standard buffet.  If a worker deems his labor worth $10 per hour, and he is thus paid, it is not theft if the item is sold for $11.  Should the worker decide that his labor is worth more but that is unattainable in his current situation, then he has the right and the ability to change his situation by taking his assets (his experience and his labor) to another producer or to begin producing on his own.

Whether an item is sold for profit or not has nothing to do with whether the worker can retire or not.

Sure it does.  Profit does not occur just at the point of final sale but at all points of production.  This is partly what a value-added tax is meant to curtail.  If a worker needs $10 an hour to make his expenses and he earns $10 per hour, then he possesses the ability to save up for neither charity nor retirement.  If he makes $11 per hour then he has $1 to put aside for his own purposes, be it immediate involvement, charity, or retirement.  To accommodate this the widget he produces would be sold at an amount more than the value of his labor.  Additionally, the widget will incur an added value to facilitate profit at the level above his, and so on up the supply chain.

Contrary to over a hundred years of ideological thinking, profit is not evil.  I will go even further to say that profit is what allows us, all of us, to maintain our own personal lives and hobbies.  For if we never made profit on our labor or production, if we lived to provide only for our needs and the needs of others, then we would do nothing but labor from the time we wake until the time we rest.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:51:19 AM by LoadWB »

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:39:12 AM »
Things have stabilized on my end, so Petro has my order in his queue.  I'm hoping I can snag one.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
Quote from: nadoom;720162
I suppose what you were expecting was a vaccum packed freeze dried A1200 complete with a certificate of authenticity from mehdi ali himself?

There are people in this world who are just that stupid, and then are stupid enough to sue and pay lobbyists to pretend that such activity (selling 15 year-old equipment without a warranty or guarantee) is such a horrendous offense to the consumer that there MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST be legislation to protect stupid -- or perhaps impulsive or overly romantic -- people from themselves.

That notwithstanding, I am *not* saying that people plonking down $150 are stupid for not expecting a gamble; the opposite, actually.  But what I am saying is that people who ignore the old "caveat emptor" wind up ruining opportunities like these 1200s when people become unwilling to sell because of legal requirements and just dump them in a bin, instead.  Though the latter might also be subject to some ridiculous taxes (excuse me, environmental impact charges,) as well.

What I haven't seen in this thread, and forgive me if I missed it amongst some of the noise, is Petro refusing to replace defective units.  I haven't seen an invoice, so if it's on the invoice then I withdraw my claim.  I'd be disappointed to drop $150 on a gamble of whether the equipment works or not and cannot be replaced if it doesn't.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 12:15:50 AM »
<= has not received one :(

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Quote from: csxlab;725688
Hi guys, here are the photos :D

http://www.amiga.org/forums/album.php?albumid=176

Good God, I'm salivating.  I will happily sell off my extra units if Petro finally gets to my request and sends me an invoice.  Why?  Because it's not often you can get a fresh-out-of-the-box old piece of equipment, retrofit it as necessary, and have a working unit 18 years after its production that you and only you have ever owned.  The rest of my stuff all works, yes, but they're not mine out of the box.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »
hrmmmm with everyone removing the signature, maybe sometime down the line in the future mine (if I ever get one :cry:) will be more valuable. hehehehe