Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Petro: 500 units new Amiga 1200 Magic Pac  (Read 87183 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: Petro: 500 units new Amiga 1200 Magic Pac
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
I wonder if Amigakit has made an offer for the lot?

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »
500 may be the entire stock some company in a far away land is hoarding in a warehouse, and maybe they want far too much for them AND all the money up front.

I could go out tomorrow and get 10,000 Sony laptops at trade price but because the profit margin is so low and the money needs to be invested up front I would never do anything like that.

So for that reason Petro is to be commended for doing what he is doing.

(apart from signing the boxes...please stop doing that if the box is in mint brand new condition lol)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
As it's another identical sized nice round figure of 60 arriving I am pretty confident it's a case of piece-meal selling and the upfront costs of 60 at a time are what Petro is happy with in order to run this operation.

I'm not sure I really want a new A1200. I have a Commodore A1200 from the very first day of launch in UK and well, it ain't really my thing for collecting. I think the disappointment in the AGA games has made me lose interest in the machine two decades later.

However, I know how happy this would make other people who DO like the A1200 enough. I picked up a beautifully preserved Commodore PET that looks brand new and I have been as happy as a spliffhead all day even though it still needs some tinkering to fire it up.

Petro is doing humanitarian work AFAIAC because ANYTHING is better than an X86 PC OR Mac as far as charm/character/fun factor goes. Who wants to run a load of balls like Win8 or OSX apart from weirdos? ;)