Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks  (Read 4834 times)

Description:

Offline PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
News from MobbyG reprinted locally for your convenance from the AmiZed Studios Website

URL:

http://www.amigaz.org/2012/01/29/art-episode-53-transition-speaks/

So one of the big questions on the the Amiga.org website, has been who’s the new owner that took over from Wayne Hunt? We tried to get him on the show before, and it didn’t work out. But he’s come to us asking to be on and we’ve welcomed him with open arms!

Now yes, my little blow up that last time was not very nice, and I did apologize to him. But moving on from that, we took some questions from you the listeners and visitors to Amiga.org and pose them to the owner. Now you’re probably asking why I haven’t mentioned his name yet. Well, if I keep you in suspense, it’s an incentive to listen to the show! See how that works? There’s no conspiracy, or anything like that. So if a troll tells you otherwise, just ask me. I’ll tell you everything I know. And if you’re a troll that is spreading rumors, then shame on you! Shame, shame, shame! I hope a rabid wolverine is dropped into your pants! But, it’s a shorter show then we normally do, simply because, we didn’t get many questions sent in. Only 3 people emailed in the questions, all of which we asked. The rules were that we would ask them all, not matter what, and the owner would then be able to answer them, and had the option to refuse to answer a question.

We added a couple of followups, but all in all, it was “OK” by my standards, just based on lack of questions. For many people, I guess this is a non issue with some people. who the owner is. I didn’t really have any burning desire to know who the owner is, and now that I do, nothing has changed for me. I like the site and that is all there is to it for me. As for others, now you have your answers and I hope that satisfy the questions and issues you had.  If not, the door is open for another show to ask questions.

So, that’s it! It’s done and out. So, what do you think? Was it what you were hoping for? I just hope the next episode with the owner is much better. And by then I’ll be able to put ***’s the owner’s name in the show notes. Till then!

~Rich
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:35:39 PM by Pyromania »

Offline PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Re: ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:27 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;678181
Interesting. I thought Transition was bumping the thread to generate interest until a big climax. I didn't realize they were actually trying to communicate something to us. Maybe if they said something along the lines of "hey guys we are waiting for all these questions to arrive by email so we can include them for the ART. Cheers!" instead of simply putting up a :bump: smiley that obviously had lots of people confused as to why it was being repeatedly used the message would have gotten across better.

You will have to ask Rich why only e-mailed questions were used, Amiga Round Table is his show. He did state in his first post to e-mail all questions to him.