Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Vs Atari (Deja vu?)  (Read 1020 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: Amiga Vs Atari (Deja vu?)
« on: March 03, 2003, 04:43:07 PM »
oh, there were early preferences..TI, Timex, Tandy..., but it really got serious about the Atari  800 vs. Commodore 64...and then with Atari ST vs. Amiga.

But we never gave someone a break because they had failed to deliver an OS.  I don't understand your reasoning on that....the fact that OS 4 doesn't exist, is a huge, legitimate criticism....why would we 'wait' until it ships?  50/50 chance it never ships anyway.

We always compared shipping products.  That doesn't mean we stopped comparisons if someone announced something...OH NO...what this means is that the shipping product...in this case OS 3.9 IS THE SHIPPING PRODUCT...was compared to the other shipping product...I suppose MorphOS 1.0 in this example.

But, I will have trouble participating, since I neither have morphOS or AOS4, and since I never prepay, it looks like the pegasos will be sold out on prepay orders....so no chance to get the G3 pegasos, now its a long wait till they have anything.

Just as the AOS4 is a long wait.

I'll just slam them both until they actually have product available for sale, that people can buy in the usual way...i.e. put down the money, take home the board...(or have it shipped the same day).