Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga stack exchange site  (Read 1530 times)

Description:

Offline tenleftfingersTopic starter

• Show only replies by tenleftfingers
Amiga stack exchange site
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:35:53 AM »
I've submitted a proposal for a stackexchange site for Amiga software and hardware here: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/95849/commodore-amiga?referrer=bFOg59rDMEFPjjF5BsNRow2

(original discussion here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81203 )

I think this is a great opportunity to improve accessibility and a better legacy for the Amiga. Please follow. We need five followers within three days or the site will be automatically deleted :hammer:

Offline Matt_H

Re: Amiga stack exchange site
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:33:52 PM »
Er, I haven't heard of StackExhcange until now. But it appears the proposal was unsuccessful. If we need knowledge repositories that don't involve digging through forum threads, my suggestion would be to compile some FAQs and upload them to docs/help on Aminet.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 05:57:37 AM »
Hi. Stack Exchange is a designed to be more interactive - sort of like a collaborative FAQ. Yes, the proposal was unsuccessful because of an existing proposal in the retro category already. But an independent site is on the way.

Offline HaukeVB

• Show only replies by HaukeVB
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 08:21:43 AM »
Quote from: TenLeftFingers;804791
Hi. Stack Exchange is a designed to be more interactive - sort of like a collaborative FAQ. Yes, the proposal was unsuccessful because of an existing proposal in the retro category already. But an independent site is on the way.
Are you implementing your own StackExchange?

BTW It would be nice to have a StackExchange for Amiga related questions, however with the recent copyright problems for uploaded examples I rather not add another ownership issue to the Amiga history :-)
| A1500, 2630, Merlin, XCalibur, Nexus, Emplant, 2320...

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 12:46:00 AM »
Hi HaukeVB,

Which copyright issues have surfaced relating to online Q&A content? I haven't heard.

Regardless, yes I am setting up a site for this purpose. It's almost ready. If anyone wants to help speed things up, I'm open to suggest/add additional tags here[2]. Tags are very important to this kind of site. Any duplication reduces the value of the original tag and how well it helps a user find the information they want.

2:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AzW8bjFUjNRQSkJC54Jpogh-IjW_g29wbTss40VfZYM/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:51:30 PM by TenLeftFingers »