Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any plans to increased the AmigaNG software?  (Read 5810 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Any plans to increased the AmigaNG software?
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 09:15:01 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;775253
The negotiation for one particular piece of Classic Amiga software that I am having currently involved in will more than likely extend over the date of Amiwest.  

One thing I have learned (the hard way) over the last year, is that software development in the Amiga market is a long process.  We operate full time in this business but most of the developers we work with do not, they do the Amiga work in their spare time (usually reserved for family time).  

Anyway back to today's AMIStore development work ...

If you have success to get updates for 68k software I would welcome that

Offline amigakit

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
@Olafs3

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »
I'm wondering what are the programs that the so called Classic users wants.
Kamelito

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;775324
Kamelito

Me too.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 08:49:34 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;775326
Me too.

+1

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »
An updated web browser?  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline dschallock

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
updated browser +1

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;775331
updated browser +1

well then, maybe os4 netsurf frontend could be ported to amiga, but its a question whether this will make much practical difference.

what concerns odyssey, its anyway genuinly morphos software. it isnt clear if it would be useable on genuine amigas, but the first step to check that out would be updating the 68k mui up to the level of the version 4.

aros is already being updated to achieve just that and i expect that current version of odyssey will be available from contributions for aros68k,also for genuine amigas next to aros-owb some time soon.

Offline Wilse

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »
I know it's pie in the sky but I've wanted a new version of OctaMED for donkey's.

Perhaps more realistic would be Thilo Köhler's HD-Rec; without a doubt the most comprehensive DAW ever made for the Amiga.

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 12:39:48 PM »
isn't NetSurf-m68k a modern browser for classics?
http://aminet.net/package/comm/www/NetSurf-m68k

Kamelito

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
Quote from: Wilse;775349
I know it's pie in the sky but I've wanted a new version of OctaMED for donkey's.

+1, I wasted many many hours playing with OctaMED as a kid, :). Good times.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Rob

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »
Wasn't the developer of OctaMED going blind or something, I seem to remember Helgis talking about it years ago.

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;775324
Kamelito

My opinion is probably unpopular..but I'd bail on classic stuff and just spend a majority of time for MorphOS and OS4 software.  I wouldnt even bother buying any new Classic software.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;775359
My opinion is probably unpopular..but I'd bail on classic stuff and just spend a majority of time for MorphOS and OS4 software.  I wouldnt even bother buying any new Classic software.

Yes your opinion is "unpopular". You seem to forget what most users in the community still have. A small hint: "not AROS, MorphOS and AmigaOS" :)

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;775362
Yes your opinion is "unpopular". You seem to forget what most users in the community still have. A small hint: "not AROS, MorphOS and AmigaOS" :)

The push to have new software for an old platform that you cant buy newer, more powerful hardware for, to me isnt a good idea.  I understand..its "cool" to use old Amiga's and run newer apps that push our Amiga's to limits they never saw back in the 90's... but there are 2 really good NG OS's to choose from in OS4 and MorphOS that should have the  most developers concentrating on developing software that showcases their strong points.    I'm for running old Amiga's..but I see their time is done and also their limitations.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #44 from previous page: October 21, 2014, 02:51:05 PM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;775364
The push to have new software for an old platform that you cant buy newer, more powerful hardware for, to me isnt a good idea.  I understand..its "cool" to use old Amiga's and run newer apps that push our Amiga's to limits they never saw back in the 90's... but there are 2 really good NG OS's to choose from in OS4 and MorphOS that should have the  most developers concentrating on developing software that showcases their strong points.    I'm for running old Amiga's..but I see their time is done and also their limitations.

new hardware is on the way, most software is 68k, most dev environments are 68k, most documentation is 68k, most users are 68k users (without owning and using AmigaOS or MorphOS). As you said it has some coolness factor f.e. to run DOS games in a amiga environment. I do not see the same when using it on "alien" hardware (people might see that different :) ). Of course I myself run it on X64 PC in emulation but at least the environment is (more or less) original.

And even if it would be just the known amiga hardware, most users there mean most potential buyers
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:53:46 PM by OlafS3 »