Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amos Interlace Screens not working under Kickstart 3.1  (Read 3283 times)

Description:

Offline x303

Re: Amos Interlace Screens not working under Kickstart 3.1
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 09, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;828072
The part that sounds broken is Amos. It sounds like it's either doing something wrong when opening the screen or making assumptions about the copper list or memory layout.

The source code was released at one point, so it should be quite easy to work out what the problem is and fix it.

Why not check out the newer version(s) and see if it was already fixed  :confused:

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »
Apparently it's been patched by Pietro Ghizzoni in AMOS.library 2.2.

I was however unable to locate the file in question... hope you have better luck.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »
Quote from: Brian;828091
Apparently it's been patched by Pietro Ghizzoni in AMOS.library 2.2.

I was however unable to locate the file in question... hope you have better luck.

There is a suggestion that the bug fix may have also made it into this

http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk/index.php?topic=9701.0

You have to go through the pain of signing up to see that there are files attached.

Quote from: x303;828076
Why not check out the newer version(s) and see if it was already fixed  :confused:

The amount of effort to sign up to ultimateamiga and find it seemed harder than fixing the bug myself. They don't make it easy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:34:53 AM by psxphill »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
Ive encountered this before.
I think it fixes itself after some updates, but unfortunately I cant recall exactly how I remedied it.
Also Ive only seen it occur under emulation. My a1200/ks3.1/40mhz '040 system never had the issue.

All I can say for sure is that AMOSPro does indeed work without this quirk (or can rather).

Also, do built in custom chipset based graphics commands even use graphics.lib? I think not.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline mark_k

• Show only replies by mark_k
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »
You should (hopefully, maybe) be able to work around the problem by running the command
Lacer 1
from a CLI/Shell before running AMOS. I'd be interested to hear whether that works for you.

Offline arongoochTopic starter

• Show only replies by arongooch
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
Huge HUGE!!! Thank you to X303 & Brian here for the updated library for Amos. Worked an absolute treat!! Im extremely happy and thankful for this and this most definitely fixed the issue I have been having.

I simply renamed the library to straight 'amos.library' and placed it in my Libs directory where the old amos.library was. Running Amos Pro and setting a quick hires + laced screen now opens a proper functioning interlaced screen and all is perfect.

Many many thanks to all the others for their input and ideas as well. Very much appreciated and great to see the Amiga community very much alive and very helpful. Thanks all.

:) :) :)

Offline DownshiftDX

• Show only replies by DownshiftDX
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2022, 04:19:11 AM »
Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I am looking for this patch too. The original links are dead, Amos factory is a mess, and I can't find it anywhere.  :(  I am sure I had it at one time (along with a fix for dual playfield horizontal scrolling) but it looks like lost them some time ago.

If anybody has these fixes for Amos Pro and can post new links it would really help.

Thanks!

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2022, 05:27:06 AM »
https://github.com/AmiDARK/AmosProfessionalUnity-Official-Releases has an experimental AGA supporting build of Amos Unity.  The Assembly sources are at https://github.com/AmiDARK/AmosProfessionalUnity-SourceCode if it needs more fixes.

Note:  it doesn't work with existing extensions because it breaks compatibility with the past versions.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 05:31:34 AM by SamuraiCrow »

Offline DownshiftDX

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »
I'm aware of AMOS Pro Unity but I thought it was abandoned? I don't need AGA support since my project is targeting ECS. And I use extensions so it is not an option.

Offline DownshiftDX

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2022, 11:38:01 PM »
Following up for anybody in the future with this problem... I did locate a source for the updated AMOS Pro files from the following GitHub page: https://github.com/alain-treesong/amiga_coding_in_amos

Maybe the adf will remain around on Dropbox longer than some of the other places.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nch9p4fj59lw4k4/AMOSPro_Community_2020_1.adf?dl=0