Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Picasso IV Graphic Card (Video Connector)
Picasso IV Graphic Card (Video Connector)
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: This is the video connector on the Picasso IV graphic card. When the card is used in an Amiga 2000, the video connector has to be 'detached' from the main PIV board because of the distance between the Zorro and video slot on that machine. The video connector on the PIV has to be cut at the places circled in red. The connection to the main PIV board is then made via ribbon cables (supplied with the card). If you look carefully you can see the pins on the video connector where the ribbon cables would be connected (on either side of the two largest red elipses). Also visible above the video connector is the Concierto sound card attached to the PIV.
Fortunately, in the Amiga 4000 the card can be used as is, with no cutting necessary. It is a great design by Village Tronic  :-)
Picture Stats:
Views: 876
Filesize: 169.76kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: X-ray at June 12, 2009, 10:25:46 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (10)

X-ray
November 20, 2004, 08:42:34 PM
@ Jefferson MacBetamax

OK, I'll get on it...
Karlos
November 20, 2004, 04:04:31 PM
@Jose

Erm, probably but they could be lost in my email someplace. Certianly the 3D tests arent available.

I guess I could ask X-Ray to run some benchies?
Jose
November 19, 2004, 05:55:39 PM
@Karlos

Did you had anyone test this baby whith your mem test? What were the results ?
CU_AMiGA
November 19, 2004, 11:30:25 AM
Nah! I have spent quite enough money on Amiga things for the year (i just got myself an IDE Interface and a 64meg simm). Even though the PIV sounds very good. But it seems to me that most people buy this card, not for the PIV graphics, but for the SD/FF and the add ons! :-)
X-ray
November 18, 2004, 09:35:48 PM
@ X56

I wasn't planning to X-ray it, but I do take requests occasionally  ;-)
x56h34
November 18, 2004, 05:43:35 PM
It's true. It's a very sought after card. I'm also pretty sure that sometime soon we'll be swamped with x-rayed pictures of is and its add-ons. :-P
X-ray
November 18, 2004, 12:49:35 PM
@ CU Amiga

These days they are hard to find because people don't want to sell them. I suggest if you want one you do what I did and post a message in the Amiga on ebay forum asking how much money it will take to get them to part with it. Be prepared to pay though. £££
CU_AMiGA
November 18, 2004, 11:59:11 AM
From what i keep hearing these PIV cards are pretty awesome. How much do these things normally set you back? :-D
X-ray
November 18, 2004, 01:34:01 AM
@ Karlos

By all accounts you are right. And to think I had to wait more than ten years before I got my first GFX card! Yep, this one is my first. I couldn't afford one until recently and I wanted the PIV. I can see why people are reluctant to part with them, this flicker fixer is great. I haven't even tried the Paloma or Concierto yet...
Karlos
November 18, 2004, 12:29:26 AM
They didn't call the PicassoIV the Godfather of amiga graphics cards for nothing, you know.

It's a pity the CVisionPPC / BVisionPPC weren't so well designed. They might have had a superior GPU and faster video memory, but the hardware was let down buy the interface and lack of further expandibility. As it is, they beat it in performance terms only really.

The P-IV will kick any other amiga graphics card's heed in :-D