Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best amiga game on XBLA  (Read 3902 times)

Description:

Offline skilgannonTopic starter

• Show all replies
Best amiga game on XBLA
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »
Just for fun - what is your favourite XBox Live Arcade version of these classic Amiga games?

1. Sensible Soccer
2. Speedball 2
3. Monkey Island
4. Worms

For me it's Sensi, but I'm really enjoying playing the new Monkey Island with my daughter, who, being 8 is just being introduced properly to her dad's geeky gaming past :)

Skil
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.

• Show all replies
Re: Best amiga game on XBLA
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 02:44:16 PM »
Hehe - stick a vote in then JJ, you replied faster to the post than I could create the poll :)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »
LOL - Xbox Live Arcade ;)

Keep it up guys, keep voting, Sensi is just shading it so far :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:18 PM »
Hmmmm - very close minded and controversial statement IMHO, which slightly offends me.  Xbox live is indeed Microsoft but where as I love to death my Amiga and therefore am proud of my Amigan status and still enjoy all that is Amiga; I also look forward, and in doing so would not be so limited or insular as to think anything was off limits to me; but each to their own.  For instance I love the sound of Vinyl (and i still own a sweet oil stabilised system x turntable) yet I also own a reference CD player, and so on.  The love of one technology does not, and should not prohibit nor restrict the enjoyment of another.  It's technology for Pete's sake - not religion!

Quote from: JC;517454
Well, I don't know what exbox live arcade is but I'm pretty sure that the xbox is somehow affiliated with microsloth which means it's off limits to an Amigan.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:14 PM »
Agreed Zabeedee, it's always best to play on the original hardware but this post is supposed to be a fun way of finding out who likes what of the re-imagined Amiga titles on the new technology, not to detract in any way from the original games.

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
hehe - I'll remember that for my next poll :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
JC, you may have been trying to make a funny but nowhere in your statement did you apply any affectation to achieve that.  A simple smiley would have done it.  Obviously we have had a misunderstanding, which is easy done given that the good old written word is often misinterpreted and the intention often lost in the sea of pixels :)  Bygones eh?

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 08:47:57 PM »
Amiga users should be allowed to adopt any new ways of......  LOL ;)

Quote from: tone007;517566
Smilies are a Microsoft invention, Amiga users have no business using them!

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 09:20:30 PM »
Quote from: Terse;519011
Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that playing exbox means you are somehow helping M$ and you are spending time not playing Amiga.  That's just sick and wrong.  

Gaming ended with the Amiga. Period. Full stop.

And the English Language ended with you....  A full stop is the same as a period.

I don't spend all day worshiping at the church of Amiga as you obviously do but to call enjoyment of anything other than Amiga "sick" only shows how insular and blinkered you are.

As I said in a previous post; I love my Amiga and everything about it but not at the exclusion of everything else.  

This little poll and post is supposed to be fun - not something to get on your provincial soap box about.  

Oh, look at the time, you better make sure you've turned your amiga on, stroked all the keys from right to left, pointed yourself north, spun three times and said the prayer to Jay Miner before the clock strikes the hour...

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »
Quote from: tone007;519116
I can't stream Netflix or play Rockstar on my Amiga!  (which is really all the 360 gets used for.)

Would be so cool though if you could eh :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;521535

No one is forced to speak english.

That statement I made back then was directed at "Terse" and was only meant in the context of a rebuttal to his nonsense.

I totally agree with you though Kickstart - although these games are on XBLA etc; playability is well below par because of the lack of a digital joystick.  I was actually thinking of gettingon of those digital fighting sticks (designed for Street Fighter) etc - just to play speedball and sensi properly but then, I decided that I would just use my Comp Pro on my actual Amiga if I wanted the full on playability lol