Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Look what DosBOX can do!!  (Read 7371 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: Look what DosBOX can do!!
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:01:46 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;678488
Congrats to DosBOX!

But i don't understand. If you want to use Windows why not use Windows?   :confused:

There are credible reasons why WinUae is used such as not being able or willing to own classic hardware so i can understand people using it as a substitute for the real thing. But emulating Windows on AROS seems like a waste of effort somehow. I just don't know...

PS I also think it *YAWNS*  is boring.

Hi,

@Kesa

"But i don't understand. If you want to use Windows why not use Windows?"

Because these Loonies, would rather use Dosbox to run windows, they think they made a big accomplishment.

DUHHHHH!!!!  Look I am running window in AROS when I could just as easily run windows on this machine.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Next they will be showing windows running on a MAC. Going WOW I am running windows on a MAC.

smerf (LOL)
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
Hi,

@Kesa,

"It would be hard to impress someone with what AROS Amigas could do if the only thing they could do was run windows. That's going to impress noone. Like i said if you are going to promote AROS at least show that it can do something interesting. "

Ahhh listen here, it is the only app that they can run that does something, you have to give them credit for that, it is just that all the really smart people just install Windows on a PC like it was suppossed to be installed. I mean I am not really trying to tarnish their efforts of running Windows on AROS of which AROS is being run on a PC machine. This was really a clever idea. Linux has been trying to do it for years and is still having troubles.

Just think if they can really make it happen, and get windows 7 running on AROS they could play all the new latest games, and get the blue screen of death.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:29:01 AM »
Hi,

@haywirepc,

How did you get windows to load games from the CD/DVD rom drive, the old smerf has been playing with this for 2 years now, and every time it says insert cd disk 2 or 3 or whatever, Linux just forgets what it is doing and won't find them. Thats why I just duel boot and play my windows games on windows, and leave Linux for all my data and important junk. Once I get past the CDrom thingy, I hope to start running windows games on Linux and say screw Windows.

but I do agree with you that Linux looks like the best of all worlds, and emulation.

smerf

Save your old Amiga hardware, run Cloanto's Amiga Forever and C64 the little price you pay is not worth the frustration of getting all the right stuff for UAE.

Get rid of high prices and stupid computing and destroy a MAC today.