Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Many Running AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Under Emulation and How's it Performing?  (Read 9095 times)

Description:

Offline DStastny

• Show all replies
I have X5000 which for the best experience of AmigaOS4 emulation does not come close.  That being said I do use OS4 under WinUAE with about 720 Megs for when I am traveling and it allows me to do some development work.  Is it fast.  Heck no,  but it works and it can go with me while I travel.  Weirdly if I am needing to run GDB for single stepping through code. It works under emulation but does not on X5000.  So there is a +1 there :)

So if you use it for a specific purpose it can be useful tool.  If you use it to try before you spend significant money on X5000 I am not sure it will give you adequate feeling for how much fun AmigaOS4 can be running nativity X5000 and new A1222 will surely be better.  Its not going to run any PPC native games in its current state.

Somethings could be done to make it significantly better however the owners of AmigaOS4.X and Aeon would have to be willing to say they are interested in volume of software vs hardware.  Not a debate I am willing to engage it so I just keep having fun with my X5000 and my emulated WinUAE OS4 as needed.

Regards
Doug