Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AGA SDL Development  (Read 35777 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: New AGA SDL Development
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
@AmigaClassicRule

It's a linklib, not a system library. Those Zelda games are highly portable though (I did a few myself), so recompiling shouldnt be difficult if youre interested in it. If memory serves correctly though they use Timidity, so a bit of work might be required there.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: New AGA SDL Development
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:59:33 AM »
Just thinking about this some more, this is a really cool thing to have for AGA machines. I understand that at the moment Novacoders motivation in doing this AGA SDL version is to make it easier for doing other software ports, but it really has potential to develop over time.
Im not the worlds greatest amiga os "native" coder, but I do have a fair bit of experience with porting SDL apps to AmgaOS/AROS, and Im sure Im not the only one with the knowledge to do the same. If even a handful of people are interested enough to give Novacoder feedback that he decides is worthwhile looking into (or even anyone else with the skills to work on the "core" AGA SDL), we have a potential inroad to quite a bit of new software.
Granted there's a lot of "average" SDL software out there, and hardware requirements would also need to be considered, but it still opens up a nice selection of potential "new" games and apps for AGA machines.

@AmigaClassicRule
I'm busy with DGen (megadrive emu) at the moment, but I'll try to find some time later tonight to have a look at least.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.