Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Burning on efika  (Read 1800 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Burning on efika
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 27, 2008, 01:04:09 AM »

zyphoid wrote:
ok by mounting with usb first then opening frying pan, and then finding the class on poseidon, going to its preference, and playing with some of its settings, and then cueing up my mp3's I am able to then plug the power in without hangup the system, then i go back into poseidon, change the settings back, but when writing, i get an error of track layout failed(-18) disc will not be written to

the drive is mounted and bounded to...well i dunno cant find it now but it's there

drive progress shows 3/4 activity status but that varies. if the mouse drops, unplug and plug in again.  I had to do it three times.
no chang in ram so i guess it's not even trying to do anything

oh @amigadave yep its the same drive I got from them...tigerdirect is good!I got all the efika extras from them

:-)  :-)

So, have you been able to read CDs and DVDs, play mp3s and play DVD movies on your EFIKA using that drive you got from Tiger Direct?  If you can, I think I will get one.  The price is good.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline zyphoidTopic starter

• Show only replies by zyphoid
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »
Here's the verdict...
1)read/write error on accessing audio cd's  opens the window vies the audio files as.wav then the requester pops up.  you have to eject the cd, or you end up canceling or retrying forever.

2)reads dvd's sometimes same issues with read/write errors(haven't seeing that since game disk days)

3) with trial and error or multiple tries, mplayer will play a dvd, but dound will be ahead and skip repeat reverb or loop, video is watchable but stutters or drags at times
played long enough the picture will catch the sound, but not good to the ear squeaks.

btw. fab author of mplayer recommends that mplayer wont play dvd well on efika.

4)mp3s play ok- no decoding hang ups

5)couldn't test avi no file on cd( too many to find where it was) but to efika's credit it can play from a usb external drive (i viewed a usb movie from my seagate)

6)burning....just can't get it to happen.

overall it's a nice drive to just sit on your efika, small none overlapping,shinny black, but if you get one, get it for your mac or other,because you wont get much use out of it on efika.  i got it thinking that there was an outdated issue with my hpdvd603e but the lite-on usb lightscribe had similar issues in regards to not reading audio cd's.

one more thing is that you need the power source for the drive usb power isn't enough to power transfer.

A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 06:44:57 AM »
@zyphoid,

Looks like you and I are the only members here reading this thread, but I will try to get someone else involved one more time.

Hey EFIKA owners, I am shopping for my USB external DVD/CD drive to use with my EFIKA and want your advice and comments.

I want a LightScribe drive, as I will also be using it with my MacBook and Dell tower to burn labels on discs.

The three models I am reviewing at the moment are:

HP DVD1040e LightScribe SuperMulti $59.99
Kanguru U2-DVDRW-20LS DVD?RW Lightscribe Burner $64.95
Lite-On DX-8A1H LightScribe Slim External Burner $69.99

Please give me your opinions and if any of you own any of these drives, please give me a review. Specially if you use it on your EFIKA!

zyphoid has the Lite-On DX-8A1H LightScribe Slim External Burner (I think). :-D
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)