Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: having (minor) prob. with the a.org proxy  (Read 1548 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: having (minor) prob. with the a.org proxy
« on: March 21, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »
One thing to note is that if your browser user agent doesn't contain the words "amigaos", "morphos", "aros" etc., you'll get a HTTP 302 and be redirected to the main site as the proxy thinks you are using a CSS capable browser.

During testing, I found that all the default browser spoofs for IBrowse still included the real OS name, so I added this redirect to reduce load on my server caused by a bewildering number of (presumably anonymous) guests that were using the site with Windows/IE etc.

In short, you need to be using a proper amiga browser. If you are spoofing using a custom user agent string, just add "amigaos" to it and you shouldn't ever be redirected.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »
Also, it's not impossible that the various regular expressions in the proxy code that rework URLs might have missed some. It isn't as simple as redirecting everything through the proxy as, depending on what is responsible for requesting the URL, it makes much more sense to leave the original alone (images, scripts etc) rather than send the browser to a script on extropia that then retrieves the original.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
Quote from: kvasir;549029
The site works fine when logged in directly, was just trying to re-direct "links" to a.org to the proxy site instead of a.org. :-D

Oh right, I see :-)

Well, I was hoping to try and persuade the new owners if they'd consider creating a subdomain on the real site into which the proxy can be installed. I've not actually asked yet.
int p; // A