Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing removed thread Unsuccessful attempt to install 604e@350MHz onto Blizzard PPC  (Read 1827 times)

Description:

Offline BoudiccaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boudicca
I've checked back and can't find the conclusion to this thread, it appears to be missing assume deleted. As I suspect, I posted on this thread and I am concerned my comment may or may not have had an impact on its deletion.

As the thread is no longer present, nor does "Google" cache show page 2 or more. I am at a loss and unhappy about its removal and leaves me a state of not knowing what impact if any I had.

This is the first time I know of, where Amiga.org moderators have deleted an entire thread that I have been involved in, this brings me to the crux of this post.

The one thing I vehemently oppose is censorship without consent and I have not been consulted. No unread message in my private box, I had to wander down another thread on a similar subject to confirm my suspicions. (Please read my blog post on Xtreamer media player to understand why).

I do hope that this is just a one off, and that Amiga.org is not in the habit of removing threads its moderators don't like. Closing a thread is one thing, deleting a thread from Amiga.org is another.

Whether the thread broke rules of behaviour or not, its a matter of public record and should have remained so. End Rant.
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline skurk

• Show only replies by skurk
Quote from: Boudicca;552894
Whether the thread broke rules of behaviour or not, its a matter of public record and should have remained so. End Rant.

The thread should not have been deleted.  It should hang there as a wall of shame, and warning of how quickly someone can go from being a cool guy to a self-righteous twat (although I suspect he is struggling with some issues outside teh intarweb)

I have the pages cached on another PC if you want to read it all, and I'm convinced there are many screenshots out there as well.
Code 6502 asm or... DIE!!

[C64, C128, A500, A600, A1200, A3000, MBP+Mini, Efika/MOS2.1, Sam440 w/AOS4.1

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
There is now a new discussion started by apple hammer.

In short the thread detailed in the end that the 604 and 603 were not pin compatible and that the bus width was not compatible either and then the thread went downhill fast, it was probably good thing that it was deleted as it is something that we do not wish for new Amiga.org forum members to see.
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline Tension

Quote from: skurk;552910
The thread should not have been deleted.  It should hang there as a wall of shame, and warning of how quickly someone can go from being a cool guy to a self-righteous twat (although I suspect he is struggling with some issues outside teh intarweb)

I have the pages cached on another PC if you want to read it all, and I'm convinced there are many screenshots out there as well.

please share the links.  

Last time I had a go at the moderation style here i got in trouble.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
AppleHammer's thread is here:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52291

People actually interested in discussing the problem might want to have a look there.

@Boudicca

I'm not sure who removed the original thread but I really don't think it was anything you said. When I last saw it, it had devolved into flamefest with all sorts of personal insults flying about and general childish tantrum behaviour from people who should be old enough to know better.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:51:32 AM by Karlos »
int p; // A

Offline BoudiccaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boudicca
Quote from: tasmanian guy;552912
we do not wish for new Amiga.org forum members to see.

@Tasmanian guy . U said something similar on the other thread, Theres a saying and its true, "Take" whatever "Warts and all". Whether the flames are hideously offensive or not, they can and should be moderated "Cleaned up" but not deleted, thats were we end up with a forum in denial of itself and thats a worse thing even for new members.

@Karlos, thanks for the clarification, and I appreciate the time spent in responding to me, I will let sleeping dogs lie on this, but I would ask the moderation team, to think carefully before deciding to delete threads. It has to be absolutely the last resort. Although I don't know what the content was in the end, there are surely better ways to manage a flamefest that deleting the entire thread. Thanks for listening. ;)
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.