Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CUSA makes the BBC news site  (Read 13666 times)

Description:

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
Re: CUSA makes the BBC news site
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »
Quote from: UncleSpam;629714
... and here's the LA Times Technology article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/04/commodore-64-is-back-with-hdmi-out-intel-atom-chip-blu-ray.html

The new Commodore 64 went on sale on the company's website for the first time Tuesday and sold out within about 24 hours, though Altman isn't saying just how many have been produced to date.

Uh, no.

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »
"We expected our audience to be the nostalgia crowd and that's true, a lot of people buying them owned an original Commodore 64 back in the '80s, like me," he said. "But we're also finding that there are young kids who are geek geniuses who have iPhones and iPads and things like that and they're looking at this thing and they're into it. They've actually been a big part of our customer base so far too. It's been a surprise."

Is there some sort of elaborate questionnaire you need to fill out at check out time on CUSA's website that I don't know about, because I don't see how you can determine this just from someone's name, address, and credit card info.

CUSA Customer Survey:

Age?
Do you own an iPad/iPhone?
Are you a geek genius?
Are you into it?

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »
Quote from: rdolores;629785
Nothing succeeds like success:

The new Commodore 64 went on sale on the company's website for the first time Tuesday and sold out within about 24 hours, though Altman isn't saying just how many have been produced to date.

None have been produced to date.

The C64x was only available as a pre-order. How do you sell out a pre-order?

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »
Quote from: vidarh;630079
But, but, it gives you that nice smell of bacon when you put it on your lap...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/22/man_burns_penis_with_laptop/

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »
Quote from: Duce;630199
Have you reviewed this product, Belial6?  I am curious where you are getting the "very good" information regarding quality.  It may very well be top notch quality, I'm just curious if you have used these machines.  The C-USA/Apple comparison is just too hysterical, not touching that with a 10 foot pole.  I have asked questions repeatedly to people about this product, all went unanswered.  I'd be happy to shut up if I could get some answers to questions I, and others - are asking.

Nobody has reviewed them. As far as I know, they haven't started producing them yet.