Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CUSA makes the BBC news site  (Read 13677 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: CUSA makes the BBC news site
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;629578
i don't see why hyperion, the MOS development team, AROS enthusiasts, et al, don't start some marketing activities.

Lack of management. If you don't care for that term, call it lack of leadership. Either way.

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;629584
i'm not so sure.  at least on the hyperion side, i think it's more an assumption that the broader hobbyist world wouldn't be interested.  at amiwest this was one of the things i asked ben hermans, and i really think they are 'selling themselves short' a little.  what makes the 'modern' amiga platform(s) so interesting is that they are 'retro' and 'modern' all at the same time. they work rather differently than mainstream personal computing platforms, and that very difference is what appeals to a few of us.  that and we can actually do something with them.

i'm also surprised the MOS guys haven't been frequenting mac fora, given that people with older mac kit might be interested in something kewl to replace OSX eventually.

but in the end, i'm just a user and enthusiast.  it's up to the principals to determine the best direction for their products, not me; and if they prefer this approach, so be it.  i just really think they might be overlooking a potential market.

-- eliyahu

I respect your opinion and always will.
I still stand by my own on this one.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;629590
fair enough. i've also only been around here about a year now and know little about anything 'amiga' prior to 2009.

there's probably something i'm missing. :)

-- eliyahu

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=629376&postcount=31

I don't know how to say it more clearly. As far as I am concerned it applies to everyone, not just C=USA.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;629701
Management aside - what do any of them *really* have to offer to the general public worth "marketing"? I'd say "not much"!

It's a hobby for enthusiasts. Nothing for the broad consumer markets.

Based on what they say both in public and private, I can not disagree with you there.

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:37:34 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;629703
it's not something we're all especially interested in, but that's because we're not the target.

Think dartboard, assuming the design is still the same today as in the past. There are outer rings and inner rings and double score areas and...