Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CUSA makes the BBC news site  (Read 13661 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: CUSA makes the BBC news site
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
The should sell it on those home shopping channels and put it on 4 easy pays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
Pretty neat link off that page too, the Xi3 Modular Computer...

http://xi3.org/pcu5000.php
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
I think we've pretty much done this to death.  Clearly the C64 box buys a lot of free publicity and it's almost exclusively good publicity.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Yes, it's not retro, and the primary customer is not retro, but so what?  The world doesn't revolve around retro fans.  Take your typical boomer, odds are they had a C64 in the past.  They may want to relive that past without really reliving that past, they want a modernised version of that past.  This gives them that.  I am really dreading the day a few certain people in my office actually hear about this because they will be talking about it for weeks.  Most won't care, but there are those who will and they will behave a bit like other fanboiz.

Initially Barry made a mistake, he thought that retro enthusiasts would be the market, so he came to us and of course we reacted and he learned that we are not the market. But that doesn't mean there isn't a market.  Nor does it mean we have any say in that market.  It's time to move on, let Barry fail or succeed without moaning about it.  

The same with his Amigas, they will succeed or fail based on what consumers believe about them and it has nothing to do with us.  Once again we are not the market.  But the PC market is huge and names come and go.  It wouldn't surprise me if they failed but it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.  And you know what?  It makes absolutely zero difference to us if they succeed or fail.  Zero, Zip, Nada.  We still have our classic machines, we still have the projects, natami, aros, etc.  Let's move on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
When there's something other than a linux distro available let us know.  There's too much vapour in this forum as it is.  Apple started with a heavily modified FreeBSD and has continued to upgrade and improve it.  There's a track record.  Anubis resurrected as Commodore OS is still talk without substance.  

I'm not interested in a computer in a keyboard, it's a silly idea in 2011, but if you come up with an interesting OS, well, that's something different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]