Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Programmer for Hire!  (Read 5435 times)

Description:

Offline SamuraiCrowTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hollywood Programmer for Hire!
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »
Hello!

Having recently been let go from my night job at a local retail store, I'm available to write Hollywood scripts and simple C plugins for you! I have equipment to support ARM Linux, x86-64 Linux, Windows x86-64, AmigaOS 3 or 4.1. For others I will need an outside tester.

If it is a large project, I'd suggest setting it up as a series of smaller sub-projects with payouts at the completion of each stage. Such a bounty system is the most fair and allows me to pursue other interests on the side while most commercial jobs often don't.

In return, I will make documented and well-commented code that can be understood by other developers if you decide to hire somebody else for part of all of the remaining sub-projects.

I'm looking forward to working for you when you need it! My qualifications include a 4 year degree in computer science from Minnesota State University, Mankato campus, here in the U.S.A. so don't be shy! The worst I can say is "Find somebody else!"  ;)

• Show all replies
Re: Hollywood Programmer for Hire!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 07:01:18 AM »
It would be easier just to leave it in C++ than to port it to Hollywood.  Either way we might need to start out with graphics card support until your new graphics will be complete.  Let me check on the library dependencies before I come back with a proposed development scheme.

EDIT:
It appears to be using SDL2 instead of SDL 1.2, C++11 rather than original C++, Boost is a no-go, the Ogg Vorbis audio will need a beefy Amiga or need unpacking into huge uncompressed samples.  I guess that leads me to the question of what requirements do you want it done in?  An Amiga 500 will need a complete rewrite in C.  Targetting a Vampire will be easier but still need a lot rewritten but won't need new graphics.

What'll it be?  Stock Amiga with little RAM (maybe 1 meg) will be expensive to develop since I won't be able to use most of the internal code.  Beefier and I can use some more of the original resources.  OS friendly will be cheaper because I don't have to reinvent the wheels for intuition screens.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:43:44 AM by SamuraiCrow »

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 04:00:01 AM »
@lou_dias
The .NET framework is a little bit heavy for an Amiga.  Mono uses LLVM as its compiler infrastructure and JIT which would be useful even by itself.  A 68k Debian developer is working on a backend but it's still Linux only at this point.

@Methuselas
If you'd like a redecorated engine that doesn't have hard coded features for compatibility, we can talk that direction.  MNG is unsupported at this time though Hollywood supports APNG via plug-in.  I know this is not a demanding application but I am unsure about how likely a bounty on this would pay the bills.  If Bebbo's GCC cross compiler port supports C++11 libraries I'd be more confident.  Maybe it does and this is much ado about nothing.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
Hollywood is spendy but worth it.  Check the list of plug-in libraries before you buy.  RapaGUI is powerful and has its manual online in the help tab of the website.  Here's the url: http://hollywood-mal.com .  Hollywood isn't as object oriented as VB.NET but is easy to learn.