Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Art Department Professional  (Read 1715 times)

Description:

Offline trekiejTopic starter

Amiga Art Department Professional
« on: June 29, 2022, 04:13:15 AM »
Hello.
I bought ADPro off of Ebay a while back and the serial numbers that came with the software do not work.
How can I get the serial numbers?
Would a hex editor work?
Thanks.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Amiga Art Department Professional
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 02:36:54 AM »
Thanks, I saw that and save it.
Is the Serial Number universal?
I need to re-install Amiga Forever to find out.
Cheers.

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 11:06:59 PM »
ASDG changed the way they issued serial numbers and provided a special sheet normally a yellow piece of paper with the serial number written on it. I have never found a serial number to be universal. My number is different to the one on that list so I doubt very much that would work. Pretty pointless otherwise.

Most software required the install disk to be write enabled so that during the installation the disk is written to with the number. This was quite common, so it is possible that the disk you have has been written to, with a different number than the one you have. Sometimes they are even picky about the user name when required.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 11:07:36 PM by scuzzb494 »

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 11:32:04 PM »
Are the serial numbers encrypted or encoded as to not be recoverable?

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 02:34:50 PM »
Hi

I just used ADFBlitzer to create ADF copies of my original disks and loaded into the emulator. There are three program disks, one tutorial and two patch disks. I then ran the installation and at the end I 'ejected the first disk as this was requested on completion'. So no disks in the make believe drive. The requestor then said that my copy  had not been personalized and I should now add name, organization and serial number, which I did and this personalized my version and I was into the software. There was no copying to the original disk.

So no help really. I will create a blog tonight on the website showing what I did.

All disks are simply archived LHA files of the installation. So either ASDG release each set with the serial number actually embedded into the code or the fact that the installation has not been personalized it will accept any valid serial number. I sense they actually personalised each set of disks with the related serial number. I'm sure they would have thought this through. Just where that serial number is held in the software is anyones guess. Good luck.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 04:46:35 AM »
Thanks.