Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Web Browser issue  (Read 1573 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show all replies
Web Browser issue
« on: May 26, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
Hi All, Just got the right PCMCIA card for my A1200 to connect to the net. Using EasyNet_Pro for TCP stack.  When I open AmiFTP
it works like a Champ, at least on Aminet, connects fast and downloads super fast.  But I can't seem to get anything going with
Ibrowse 2.4 ro AWeb 3.5. Once in a while it will make a net connection, but only once, after that nothing. One thing that could be
a problem is that I have a T-Mobile 5G tower as my router. But I could sure use some advice on what may be blocking my Web Browsers.
I have at least 7 other devices connected with no problem, ever a PowerBook 1400C that also connects through Ethernet.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
Re: Web Browser issue
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 08:10:53 PM »
Hi, I installed AmiISS 4.11, at the time I had no ssl at all installed. Got no change, still can't connect through a WEB Browser. I did install
WookieChat and was able to connect without issue to a German server... I tried to look for an MTU setting in my setup but could not find
where that is.  Still the same issue...
Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 09:27:08 PM »
Hi, I am using the "CNET.device"

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 03:12:07 AM »
Hi All, Seems my issue is the Browsers can not resolve DNS names. I open iBrowse and type in the IP address to say, Aminet, I get
connected to the site, everything comes up and I can search and download. Found the IP address to Amiga.org and connected to
that site.  So what am I not setting correctly that is not allowing me to connect to the DNS server.  I have my Gateway address as my first
one (as I always do) and Googles as my second one in the EasyNet_Pro setup. Where else does it need to be.
Any Help will be much appreciated.
Brad Hansen

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 12:39:42 AM »
Well, I'm not sure what I did but everything is working well now. My T-Mobile 5G tower has it's own ID and password
and I was using the ID for my domain name. Went back to just plain T-Mobile.com and I think, though not sure
that was the fix... Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Brad Hansen