Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How hard can it be?  (Read 393 times)

Description:

Offline 2J4EZTopic starter

• Show only replies by 2J4EZ
How hard can it be?
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »
Ive just got my self a 4gb CF card to use in my amiga so i can do a fresh install of workbench 3.1
I not normally  a windows user however i have 2 laptops just done a clean install of windows on both to use winuae.
Ive been trying 5hours last night and 3 hours this morning to get the card to format and install workbench on it.

Problem 1
The amiga comes up with a error about type 7 or something so i tried doing it on WINUAE.

Problem 2
WINUAE wont let me format it because of admin rights (im the admin of the computer)
using diskpart to clean it make the disk unreadable winuae see the disc,but HD toolbox does not see it. and the only way to get it back it to format it on my mac.

Any other ideas i can try?

Offline Leffmann

• Show only replies by Leffmann
Re: How hard can it be?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Even if your user account has administrator rights, you have to right-click both the command line prompt and WinUAE and select "Run as Administrator". Also, you should select "IDE" and set the unit to 0 when adding your CF card as a hard drive.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:06:37 PM by Leffmann »

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
Quote from: 2J4EZ;782687

using diskpart to clean it make the disk unreadable winuae see the disc,but HD toolbox does not see it.

I've seen this happening, too. In this case after CLEAN in DiskPart enter CREATE PART PRIMARY and then DELETE PART. After exiting DiskPart you should remove the card and plug it in again.

You always have to run WinUAE as administrator when working with real harddrives. Leffmann told you how.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
First of all thanks for the replies so far.

Ive followed all the suggestions and they seem of to worked.
I ran winuae as admin (which i did before and did not work?) also ran diskpart as admin.
after running diskpart and following the commands as admin my card was not useable in windows but WINUAE found it and so did HD TOOL BOX saved changes to the harddrive and no windows error.

Restarted the emulator and ran install 3.1 disk a few seconds later 2 drives popped up saying:-
System NODOS
Work NODOS
Just formatting them now i should be able to install WB3.1 on one of those drives

Fingers crossed

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »
Finally its done my amiga 1200 now boots to workbench 3.1 its taken me a day.

Thanks for every one who game me help.