Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PlayMPEG CD32+FMV software found  (Read 5100 times)

Description:

Offline slayer

• Show all replies
Re: PlayMPEG CD32+FMV software found
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »
This could have been exactly what I needed way back then. When I was looking at making a touch screen stand alone unit based on the CD32/FMV. I had a falling out with my business partner and this never got realised but 10 years later he called me and asked me if I remembered what my idea had been about this and that they were now doing it in there show homes. Funny thing Life, if you let other people get in the way of your own visions.

Breifly the idea was to have an interactive menu using Amigavision or Scala (targetting kitset homes initially) where there would be computer generated modelled houses with there associated expansions but also have a special section which enabled a potential buyer to view an mpeg video of a real house already built. I often wondered how I would get the mpeg to play through the FMV unit using available solutions at the time...

It would have been a sold complete unit with a monthly/annual fee for any updated information... I was looking at a 1x speed WORM drive for $10,000.00 HOLY MOLY

Anyway, why did I tell you that long drawn out story LOL

I think I have about 12 CD32s and 2 FMV Units, so I could use it ;-)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x