Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 144447 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
As an attempt to try to partially redeem my country (seriously, are the aussies here all so young?), let me paraphrase.....

Holiday Snaps 'ey ? Say no more, say no more. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Oh, and in regards to the Ashes, man what a dissappointment so far. Two days of semi interesting cricket follow by the Gabba taking over. Third day onwards and it's a batsman's paradise. Had the game continued it wouldve gone on for weeks. Hard to get anyone out on that wicket as was evident. Pretty much only wickets that fell after Hussey were due to trying to force a potential result. I only hope the next match isnt dictated by the wicket.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
And now for something completely different........

@Karlos
Where is your avatar from ? It's been bugging me for a while. Just tonight though it dawned on me that it might be from Deus Ex ? (fantastic game btw).

Sorry for the vague sense of normalcy to the questions. I did my best to include a Monty Python reference though  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
Oh, and by the way the whole Spam thing is just so wrong and Im only comfortable eating things that at some point had feet. Combine the two though and youve got a winner as far as Im concerned. So wrong, but tastes so good.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »
I wasnt going to say anything, but seeing as you bought it up he's a slut. I mean really, who hasnt felt goofy at least a few times.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;595988
Indeed it is a fantastic game, but you need to delve back further into the cyberpunk genre and recall a bullfrog classic...

Aaah, it just hit me (ouch)........

Syndicate Wars ?

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »
Yeah, I remember both Syndicate and Syndicate Wars pretty well. I just dont remember the art on the packaging/advertising/etc so well. I thought that image was actually for Syndicate Wars. As for the games themselves, I played quite a bit of Syndicate, but the sequel, maybe a little ironically considering it was 3d, was way too fast to play on the pentium 133 I had at the time it was released (I remember that system quite well, most expensive and closest to top of the line system (for its day) I ever had). I had 16 meg ram for it which alone cost me 750$ (375 per 8 meg edo simm). Expensive, sure, but at the time I was getting stuff ex tax wholesale prices, so it wasnt expensive due to me getting ripped off. They were some of the 1st ever edo simms to make it into my country  :)

Man, days gone by......  :-)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:53:26 AM »
There actually is a Cobblers pie, albiet a brand name, not a type of pie.

As for the bath, Im more of a shower man. There's just something wrong about wallowing in your own filth. Also, last time I used the bath I accidently left the taps on full for about 3 or so hours and only noticed when the carpet around my bedroom doorway started getting darker. Flooded the absolute smeg out of the rest of my house though. Was 3 or 4 inches deep throughout 2/3rds of it. I live in flats too, so my neighbors place ended up with water too.