Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Matrox G1000  (Read 2395 times)

Description:

Chathurawind

Matrox G1000
« on: May 10, 2002, 04:34:07 AM »
It seems that Matrox finally decided to make a decent 3D  chip. Check it out

Chathurawind

Re: Matrox G1000
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 04:58:38 AM »
Is this the thing that Amiga was talking about a while ago? Weren't they saying something about zico supporting current Matrox junk and some sort of future awesome chip when it comes out?

Forgive me for being so vague. :-)

Chathurawind

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 05:01:36 AM »
Aren't news moderated? How many times are we supposed to see this?

Chathurawind

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2002, 08:13:03 AM »
There is no such thing as the G1000!! All specifications are based up, wait until Matrox releases the news.

Chathurawind

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2002, 11:06:21 AM »
*YAWN*
Maybe Matrox releases a chip, that is again slower than it predecessor...afaik the G400MAX has been the fastest so far.

Chathurawind

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2002, 11:20:35 AM »
I'm subscribed to the matrox news and in their latest newsletter they mentioned that something big is coming, also, if you visit their site there is a very enigmatic flash intro mentioning that they have big news for may 14-th, so maybe this time they got it right.

Offline Quixote

• Show only replies by Quixote
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2002, 01:43:43 PM »
I strongly suspect that this is a hoax; It wasn't posted on Matrox's site, and the page's author misspelled Perihelion.

Take care...
--
Quixote
--

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2002, 05:43:59 PM »
The link it points to is a hoax, and the features are pure speculation only.

However, Matrox do have an announcement coming up, and a new much improved card is overdue.

As for becoming king of the hill again, I'm more concerned whether they can sustain a short development sycle for new cards. The way the industry is going, there's usually a new "king of the hill" every three months or so, and if Matrox can't do better than they have been doing, the new card will be just a flash in the pan.
Bill Hoggett

Chathurawind

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2002, 06:45:30 PM »
"As for becoming king of the hill again, I'm more concerned whether they can sustain a short development sycle for new cards. The way the industry is going, there's usually a new "king of the hill" every three months or so, and if Matrox can't do better than they have been doing, the new card will be just a flash in the pan."

So you're rich and buy a card every 3 months? Most of us are not, and in fact that doesn't make much sense. If Matrox can maintain a slightly better (agreed the current one is too big) that's enouph. Hey do you have any GForce 4 sale?:)