Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24494 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:41:47 AM »
Gawd... I could have done better on me poxy old iMac, still I've ripped it off of you tube now and going to have some fun with it... :D

Anyone notice the fact that the Disney name and copyright only flashes up for a split second and that on YouTube itself you can only access it if you have a direct link... wonder why that is... hmmm... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »
I see now that commercial has been released the other thread here "CommodoreUSA Partners with Disney" has now been closed... ;)

Kinda makes you wonder if Barry had this planned all along to drum up interest in his new commercial... ;)

So does that mean this thread will get closed when they release something else, call me suspicious but something don't smell right round here and it's not just that commercial or me feet... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 06:07:52 AM »
-=Moderated=-
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:36:10 AM by Argo »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;628261
I remember contracting for similar keyboards when I worked for a small outfit that built PCs. They were well under $100.

I think I'll gut a non-functional A500, A600, or A1200 and use a keyboard converter. It would be cheaper.

Was wondering when all you folk who were so fascinated with buying one of these cases would realise that for 30 years now you could buy the original case at a fraction of their prices and have the real thing to do with as you please... :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:14:44 AM »
-=Moderated=-
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:35:08 AM by Argo »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:58 AM »
Anyone notice that in a 30 second commercial the Commodore logo and the C64 only take up 10 seconds of it, the rest is advertising for a Disney product, methinks Disney's just shafted CUSA in that deal... :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »
-=Moderated=-
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:34:23 AM by Argo »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:26:46 AM »
-=Moderated=-
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:34:05 AM by Argo »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 06:32:01 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;628281
The ad while interesting, makes me wonder if they actually obtained permission to use scenes from the movie in their commercial, or if they just put their ad in the dvd hoping they could use that footage without actually paying for its use.

If they didn't pay for its use, its quite a copyright violation using movie footage to peddle their own wares. Its also quite misleading, because their computers had nothing to do with that movie except to buy an ad in the dvd release.

Steven

Well I've sent Disney Studios a link to the video on YouTube and I have it downloaded here in case it gets removed, so hopefully I'll get some sort of response from them to prove whether this is all ligit or not... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »
Quote from: Transition;628310
Lines have already started forming to buy the C64x.

http://cbsmiami.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ipad-line-best-buy.jpg?w=420

I thought in the USA there was NO PARKING IN THE YELLOW ZONE... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
Is this the CUSA advert aimed at the South American & Hispanic Market... (looks like they did the GFX on the new C64x)... :D

[youtube]fe4lVzgFVWc&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Disneys Response To CUSA advert...
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Just noticed I'd received this reply from Disney about a question I sent to them earlier regarding the content of this CUSA commercial... make of it what you will... :)

from   Disney Online Support UK
to   Frank Spiers <************@***.com>
date   5 April 2011 08:47
subject   Re: Tron Legacy Footage Used On YouTube Video...
mailed-by   disney.co.uk

hide details 08:47 (3 hours ago)

Dear Frank Spiers,
Thank you for your e-mail.
We want you to know that we very much appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We protect our intellectual property rights vigorously and we take reports of suspected infringements very seriously. However, as you can appreciate, our investigations are confidential. We neither reveal our sources nor do we generally correspond further with them about the investigation.
Please feel free to use our email address, tips@disneyantipiracy.com, if you want to provide more information about the suspected infringement or to report a suspected infringement in the future.
Sincerely,
Charles
Disney Online UK

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Disneys Response To CUSA advert...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;628395
Oh c'mon that's fake! You even took off your email address. Nice try Franko :roflmao:

If you want I'll forward it to you I've no other way to prove it's genuine or you could send an email to Disney themselves at the address in the email and I'm pretty sure you'll get the same reply... :)

Or if there is another way I can prove it's genuine then let me know and I'll be more than happy to prove it to your satisfaction... :)

Only reason I took out my own email address is because that one is a private email that I only use for things like the above... :)

PS: Kesa I'd have thought you'd have known me better by now that when I say I'm going to do something I do it, or I have sent or received email from or to someone that it's 100% genuine never had the need to lie and never will... :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:24:02 PM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
Quote from: amiga92570;628429
Franko, if you do not want one I say do it yourself. I have plenty of c64 cases and I have tried to mount other things inside. The old cases are mostly faded, brittle. Although I have seen some useful and creative mods using old cases, it still will look crappy compared to a new case designed to mount Mini itx board. The keyboard is nice also. Mine will have a core i5 and windows 7. Doesn't that really make you want to cry.

Got plenty of REAL C64's myself but none of them are faded or brittle... :)

Yup... putting any crap inside one that runs windows would make any true C64 fan cry and should be punishable by a long slow drawn out death... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Disneys Response To CUSA advert...
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;628434
Interesting. So Franko, at what point do you decide to defend some company's IP rather than distribute it?

Only when I feel like it... :D