Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 51160 times)

Description:

Offline NovaCoder

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:03 PM »
I think many classic users (like yours truly) are disappointed with the lack of progress/direction of OS4 development over the past few years and who also didn't agree with the X1000 'vision' from the beginning.   This lack of faith has been justified by the limited availability of the hardware, the cost of the hardware and how much work remains before OS4 can fully support all of it's hardware features (which let's face it, may never happen).

But in saying that, I realize that it's pointless to 'bash' the X1000, it is what it is and at least they tried to do something interesting.

If you've brought an X1000 and are happy with your purchase then good for you :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:06:10 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »
Quote from: vox;741655
-  (which let's face it, may never happen) You really believe 2GB RAM Barrier, support for other core and 3D may never happen, even its all promised for OS 4.2?

Yep I think support for all of the X1000 features (dual core, 64bit, Xena, SATA etc) may never happen, would loved to be proved wrong of course.
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Quote from: yssing;741733
I am very sure that the x1000 did not push people away, I actually believe it did quite the opposite.

I think it did push some people away, I was one of them :)

I was waiting to see what would be announced after Hyperion won their long running legal battle with Amiga Inc and was at that point considering buying into OS4.   When Hyperion's big plan turned out to be the X1000 launch, I lost interest in OS4 and decided to stick with classics instead.
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!