Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Art Contest brought to you by 10MARC, Pixel Vixen and Amiga on the Lake!  (Read 3533 times)

Description:

Offline 10MARCTopic starter

It's time for The First Annual Amiga Art Contest! What on Earth is that, you ask? Pixel Vixen and 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast are hosting an Art contest - send us your best Amiga created artwork for a chance to win one of three copies of Personal Paint 7.3C donated by our friends at Amiga on the Lake. Come join the fun! Show us what kind of beautiful art can still be created on our beloved Amigas!

Details are at https://www.10marc.com/p/blog-page_1.html

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
Great initiative! :) Best of luck with the competition!

We still have several weeks to go! Please submit your original Amiga Artwork to me for a chance to win a copy of Personal Paint 7.3C! Join in the fun!
Here are all the details:

Turn on those Amiga's and launch DeluxePaint! It's time for the First Annual Amiga Art Contest! I have joined up with Pixel Vixen and Amiga on the Lake to host a fun art contest using our Amiga's as the paint brush.

The rules are simple:

Use an Amiga to create the artwork. A real one or virtual one is just fine.
Submit your artwork to one, two or all three categories below
Have fun and tell your friends about the contest!

The three categories are as follows:

1. Hand Drawn Artwork - Anything you create yourself in a paint package would meet this criteria. Anime, modern art, cartoons - if you can draw it, submit it!

2. Digital Photography. Get those pictures into the Amiga! Digi-View, DCTV, load a .JPG image from your digital camera into AdPro - however you bring your digital images into the Amiga is OK by us. But then show us your creative side, don't just submit a picture, make it something beautiful and creative with the power of the Amiga!

3. Ray Tracing - Amiga was King of the Hill with Ray tracing for years. Dust off that old copy of Turbo Silver and show us what you can create!

Any Amiga format is fine, from 2 color, to HAM6 and HAM8 all the way up to 24 bit from an RTG card! As long as your Amiga created it, you can submit it.

Please Email your artwork to me - douglas@dctechaz.com - If you would rather upload it to a dropbox link that can be provided. .IFF format is great, but any format you create should be OK. Please include the Hardware and Software you used in your creation, and include a description of how you did it if you want.

The winner in each category (judged by Vicky and myself) will win a brand-new copy of Personal Paint 7.3C donated by Amiga on the Lake! The contest will go all throughout September and we will announce the winners in October.

Of course I will do an entire show showing off all of the artwork.
Questions? Just reach out to me on Twitter @10marc1 or email me douglas@dctechaz.com

Have fun!

Due to popular demand, the deadline for submitting your original Amiga Art, Photo or 3D image has been extended from October 7th to October 15th!
If you have some original work from back in the day, submit it! New stuff? Submit it! We want to make the Amiga Art Contest as successful as possible.
check my website for details www.10marc.com

Offline BozzerBigD

Cool! Just got my graphics tablet back up and running! My daughter and I will see what we can do in the handful of days remaining! Will be a good introduction to Photogenics for her ;-)
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

That is great! Photogenics is a really nice program, But I don't use it a lot. Most of my time is in Art Department Professional and Personal Paint.