Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VmwAros Live v1.0 video  (Read 3019 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: VmwAros Live v1.0 video
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »

A1260 wrote:
to sad the aros team did throw away aros, its all about anubis now.  :roll:

What is your problem? I've told you time an time again, a couple of developers who left (or were leaving) AROS, have decided to build an AmigaOS like userland for Linux (AKA Anubis)... AROS is not going anywhere and is moving along just fine, as it always has done! I actually see this as a benefit for AROS comunity since developers we would have lost are now remaining as part of it!

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: VmwAros Live v1.0 video
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »

A1260 wrote:

anyway good to hear that aros is getting new developers, the ones that did run to anubis are very dishonest. cant start a new project and run away from an half finished project that dont look good at all.

That's a highly inappropriate comment to make. Michal Shulz, for example, has put more time into AROS than almost any other developer (probably only Staf and Georg have contributed more, off the top of my head...). But now there are things that some of us want to do which simply CANNOT be done with the AmigaOS design... Something like Anubis had to happen sooner or later (just as Apple had to move their OS to a proper UNIX)... at least this way it gets done properly by AROS developers.

I would note that no one has actually run away, both projects actually share developers at the moment, with Anubis being a fun playground for ideas at the moment.