Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pirates and TOSEC sucks  (Read 9725 times)

Description:

Offline raddydaddy

• Show all replies
    • http://www.canneddreams.com
Re: Pirates and TOSEC sucks
« on: July 24, 2003, 01:42:07 PM »
oh my.

how wrong  is this thread!

the way i look at this fiasco; there is not enough revenue in the Amiga sector (and there hasn't been for five years +) for new software developments that can compete with programs on other platforms. This is the real reason that Amiga is no longer a viable desktop alternate and is considered an 'enthusiasts' or 'niche' computer. (exactly the same as Acorn, Spectrum, Atari ... ).

An example, the majority of Amiga software has been written by bedroom coders or groups of community members. Generally this software is realeased as shareware or freeware on AmiNET - the largest source of free software in the world. This is the reason that the community still exists and is strong.

TOSEC is a similar sort of community - trying to keep records of software for discontinued computer systems.  the database is comprehensive but only contains useful details of the software such as year of release, publishers, version and compatability issues for emulation. in absolutely no way are TOSEC hosting illegal files - if anybody can find .adf files or the kickroms mentioned, feel free to critise me!

The truth of the matter is this - the banning on this URL is hopelessly killing the amiga spirit, not piracy. most of the files in the database are abandonware or past commercial software. stop wasting your efforts on trying to rubbish other's enthusiasms.

If you want to contribute to the future of the amiga before driving the community away -  get your ideas together, discuss possible concepts, chat about the future, give opinions about software betas...

CONTRIBUTE YOUR CREATIVITY!
\\\\.._________[Xe]54___________../