Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rapidroad for x-surf 100 issues  (Read 413 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Rapidroad for x-surf 100 issues
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:14 PM »
Huh.  What version of massstorage.class do you have, and how is it configured?  I assume AmigaKit had you do a complete clean/removal and reinstall of the software?  Do you have the A1200 version of the RapidRoad (that comes with the acrylic case, removed for use with the X-Surf 100) or the standard version?  (Their firmwares are different)

What format/size/brand are your USB sticks?  FAT/FAT32/NTFS should all work, if you have FAT95 and NTFileSystem in your L: directory.

For what it's worth, my RapidRoad has got to be one of the most fool-proof things I've bought for my Miggy.  Sure, it has it's issues, it chokes up if I daisy-chain too many hubs and doesn't like some brands of mice, but overall it works well.

I submit for your amusement, this picture of mine with two hubs plugged in (one in the monitor and the other one daisy-chained into that), three USB drives, a keyboard, and a mouse, all plugged in.  :)

Also a pic of my massstorage prefs.  Do yours match?

(Edit - added a pic of 2nd page of prefs)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:21:23 AM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Rapidroad for x-surf 100 issues
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »
Hrm.  I'm probably not going to be much help, but are you able to check your version of massstorage.class itself and confirm that it's settings match mine?

How about disabling massstorage.class so that the RapidRoad doesn't try to read the flash drive at all.   Can you plug it in, then?

What I'm thinking is, you may have some kind of configuration error, and when you plug in a USB drive it's trying to bind it to the wrong kind of class and failing that way.  Sorry if you've already tried this, but can you try with a clean 3.1 with nothing but MUI and Poseidon loaded on it?  Or try the card on a different Amiga?  At least if it does the same thing on two different systems you'll know it's probably a hardware problem, as opposed to a software problem.  Good luck!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos