Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 3.0 (3.1, etc) for PPC, then x64/ARM!  (Read 13589 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: MorphOS 3.0 (3.1, etc) for PPC, then x64/ARM!
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Great news. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
I wish they'd port it to one of the PPC emulators like QEMU or PearPC.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »
Quote from: HenryCase;667871
They already did (there's screenshots on the Internet of MOS running in QEMU, that one of the dev team made). However, they've stated it won't be released in this format, it was just a proof of concept.

That's a shame  I reckon a JIT emulation running on a 4GHz beast would be quite usable if Apple's Rosetta is anything to go by.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: vox;745465
Great summary and plan, quite realistic and step by step. Something we AmigaOS4 users could only wish for :-)

Seems I might be buying MorphOS 4 one day :-)

Oh the sh1tstorm that will explode in the land of the true believers when Morph OS4 gets released will make anything in the past 13 years pale by comparison.