Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 2000 UDS/LDS Failed in Diagrom
« Last post by Kepler on April 16, 2024, 08:04:48 AM »
"Monitoring _WE (write enable) during the memory test will show if a write cycle is being performed or not, which will determine what fault finding direction to go in next."

I assume you mean by looking at _WE with my scope? What should I be looking for?
Amiga Hardware News / Another new A4000 and A3000 Accelerator The Z3660 part 1
« Last post by Boing-ball on April 16, 2024, 12:23:19 AM »
Video upload by Wrangler Amiga part1:

https://youtu.be/MqiEQtzGk-Q?si=S24TSAOSkbIrRzpp
Sorry, forgot to say. Its 8.5, so it was either upgraded, or a late model.

Yep, that’s the last version released for the card which ironed out a few bugs and issues. Then I would concentrate on the Terminator resistor packs.
Amiga Hardware News / How BlueSCSI V2 Wi-Fi was done by Rob Smith
« Last post by Boing-ball on April 16, 2024, 12:12:49 AM »
Great Video Showing how Rob Smith got the BlueSCSI V2 Wi-Fi working:

https://youtu.be/XJIrfQ9C0J4?si=YiBrO5rmKY0uGFe9
Sorry, forgot to say. Its 8.5, so it was either upgraded, or a late model.
Amiga Hardware News / BlueSCSI V2 + Wi-Fi,
« Last post by Boing-ball on April 16, 2024, 12:10:52 AM »
Retronaut YouTube showing BlueSCSI V2 and Wi-fi over SCSI on the Amiga!

https://youtu.be/FDtqd04bq-k?si=CZ7Nla1LMGMfO37v
Is there a list maintained somewhere of the ATX power supplies that can be used as a suitable replacement for the original ones?  I have an Amiga 4000 and a 3000 and a 2000.  They still have their original power supplies and I am hesitant to turn them on after all I have read online.  Also I recently purchased a BigRAMPlus card and my Amiga 4000 which seems to work fine otherwise could not even see it.  I am wondering if the power supply may be too weak to power the Zorro slots.  The thought of turning on my Amiga one day and having the power supply fry the motherboard give me the willies! :-[

I have looked at the replacements Ive seen online from a few years back but those appear to be generally out of stock. 

Perhaps a very clear set of ... understandable ... guidelines as to how to to one.  I can identify the necessary current levels, but how would I know if a PSU regulates voltages based on the 12V or 3.3V usage and not the 5V?  Or has a fan that does not operate continuously? Or simply will not fit?

Or is there an Amiga vendor somewhere who maintains a stock of suitable replacements for the A4000, etc?

A sticky on this subject would be nice.

For my ever expanding fleet of A4000D setups. I now use Corsair SF450 or SF600 PSUs with a Amiga A4000 Power converter cable.

Can be hard to get the Corsair models I have described. But can still be found on Ebay. You can also get a SF PSU holder via 3D Print or via a Metal Frame off a seller on Amibay.

As for A3000 PSUs. Chris Edwards did a video on YouTube about a replacement he bought, but had to do some soldering for it.

https://youtu.be/LPxC4_KWGrM?si=VJlbGNNliU9EmXEX

Amiga Hardware News / TF 4060 Update
« Last post by Boing-ball on April 15, 2024, 11:58:52 PM »
Is there a list maintained somewhere of the ATX power supplies that can be used as a suitable replacement for the original ones?  I have an Amiga 4000 and a 3000 and a 2000.  They still have their original power supplies and I am hesitant to turn them on after all I have read online.  Also I recently purchased a BigRAMPlus card and my Amiga 4000 which seems to work fine otherwise could not even see it.  I am wondering if the power supply may be too weak to power the Zorro slots.  The thought of turning on my Amiga one day and having the power supply fry the motherboard give me the willies! :-[

I have looked at the replacements I've seen online from a few years back but those appear to be generally out of stock. 

Perhaps a very clear set of ... understandable ... guidelines as to how to select one.  I can identify the necessary current levels, but how would I know if a PSU regulates voltages based on the 12V or 3.3V usage and not the 5V?  Or has a fan that does not operate continuously? Or simply will not fit?

Or is there an Amiga vendor somewhere who maintains a stock of suitable replacements for the A4000, etc?

A sticky on this subject would be nice.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10