Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dissapointed with Hyperion - Quake II  (Read 5191 times)

Description:

Offline Mikey_C

• Show all replies
Re: Dissapointed with Hyperion - Quake II
« on: July 20, 2003, 02:08:16 PM »
I rarely post here, but I felt compelled to answer this post.

Both Freespace and QuakeII were reviewed in Total Amiga Magazine, both got great reviews

I have played Freespace on my Amiga1200T(BPPC/BVision) twice through, it's an awesome game which sucks you right in

QuakeII is incredibly smooth on my Amiga. It is a good enjoyable blast, well worth the money.

I feel disappointed in that people post before trying to resolve the issue throught the proper channels. The dealer from whom you brought the package, should have been your first point of contact.

Your post contains a bit of a fishy smell, because as a pegasos user, it looks as though you are trying to discredit Hyperion who are working on OS4.

NOTE: I'm not saying you are! It just appears that way.

Politics aside, I have every single Hyperion Amiga Game, they have all been excellent and well worth the money.

YNWA!

Offline Mikey_C

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 07:47:19 PM »

Navvie Wrote:

Who knows, maybe Freespace and Quake2 got such good reviews in Total Amiga because the guy who did it (I don't read it so...) was worried Hyperion might not send anymore games his way if he wrote bad things about them.

Who knows, maybe his personal opinion of Hyperion biased his review, or maybe he just wanted to give it a good review because Hyperion are one of the few companies still doing something for the Amiga.

Wow! talk about ignorant. If you would take your head out of the clouds for a minute, you'd realise what you have just done is slur one of the finest, impartial, Amiga Magazines, to have ever graced this planet.

Total Amiga Magazine, Doesn't do "Favours" nor is it afraid to put a few noses out of joint when necessary. And when I mean independant, I mean independant. The Latest issue (no.15) not only carries News about Morphos in the news pages. but also carries a "4" Page review of Pegasos/Morphos system. The verdict? "Pretty Good!"

Of course you dare not engage brain before typing something. Typical from a man who slagged of Amiga Quake II, without seeing the updated  version. (which considering the system it runs on, is fast and smooth. Yes it is playable)

But then I am informed that you are the very same person who posted (illegally) on your website, an internal Hyperion Quake II beta. Which must have resulted in Hyprion getting a bit annoyed with you. Hence your clear Anti-Hyperion post.

It's so easy to taint people isn't it? Total Amiga Magazine is put together by volunteers, we devote our own spare time and energy to producing one heck of a magazine each issue (No one gets paid). That means we are contributing, something positive to both the Amiga and Pegasos community.

Your claims are vile and disgusting. Do something positive for the community, get lost.

Mikey C
Total Amiga Magazine contributor.
YNWA!

Offline Mikey_C

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 08:11:13 PM »

lempkee wrote on 2003/7/20 19:56:47

mikey_C: personal attacking....huff..

Yes I know, I'm not proud of the fact, but if you know how much effort, myself and more importantly, everyone else puts into Total Amiga Magazine, you'd be fuming too. :-(

It's very hard to increase circulation, in a virtually dead market. Yet myself and the others at Total Amiga Magazine try hard. Currently we print in the order of 600 odd copies every issue. We are trying to get to 1000 copies per issue, just so that we can go to a better more effective print method.

Believe me it hasn't been easy trying to raise circulation, but we are slowly doing it.

The last thing we want is some ignorant comments being posted around, with no substance whatsoever. :-(

YNWA!

Offline Mikey_C

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 09:09:44 PM »
Nice try in side stepping my main point Kronos old bean.

That being the slur by Navvie on Total Amiga Magazine. Care to talk about that?

YNWA!