Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My A500+ Project  (Read 10244 times)

Description:

Offline cpfuture

• Show all replies
Re: My A500+ Project
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »
@sim085:

I have an A500+ that I can use to browse the web. The best way to upgrade your A500+ is, as you already guessed:

- an accelerator
- more RAM
- a harddisk

Often an accelerator will already offer you more RAM. You could try and do it without a harddisk and without an accelerator (I know, I did, just to see if it would work), but it will be slow as hell.

To get online you should indeed use Kickstart 3.x, because I think iBrowse requires it. Install AmiTCP (the TCP/IP stack). If you're on dialup a modem will work, but if you have broadband the easiest way is to hook up a null-modem cable between your A500's serial port and a PC or Mac and use a PPP connection. PPP is a pain to setup properly in Windows, but really easy if you use Linux or Mac OS X.

There are Ethernet solutions for the A500 (I have a Hydranet), but they use BNC connectors, so they're a pain to set up and also very hard to find.

Good luck with your setup!

Offline cpfuture

• Show all replies
Re: My A500+ Project
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
@Lockon_15:

Dobro!!  ;-)

I have a clockport adapter which I never got to use. But if I use it with a Subway, how can I have a USB-Ethernet adapter work? Wouldn't you need specific drivers for that, so it can show up as a SANA-II network device?