Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: cdtv.org.uk appears to be gone  (Read 4038 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
cdtv.org.uk appears to be gone
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »
Tried the link to cdtv.org.uk today and it appears to be dead.  I hope this is temporary, as it was a good site with lots of useful info.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
Re: cdtv.org.uk appears to be gone
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »
Is that the site that was run by the guy who was working on coldfire accelerator designs?

I used to check in regularly but completely stopped when he gave up his coldfire work.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Quote from: ajlwalker;659815
Is that the site that was run by the guy who was working on coldfire accelerator designs?

I used to check in regularly but completely stopped when he gave up his coldfire work.

yes, he is Oliver Hannaford-Day. I think he gave up with the CF project.

Offline Robert17

• Show only replies by Robert17
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Oli has been away from the Amiga Scene for a while, maybe he forgot about his website?

I did meet him a few times, and did ask about Coldfire - I think we can safely say that it won't be happening :(
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
I contacted him last year to ask some questions about CDTV SCSI controllers and he was still answering emails to that site.

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »
Quote from: Robert17;659846
Oli has been away from the Amiga Scene for a while, maybe he forgot about his website?

I did meet him a few times, and did ask about Coldfire - I think we can safely say that it won't be happening :(

Im not away :)
I read a.org every day and eab, you can even find me on the a.org irc chat room occationally.
yeah cdtv.org.uk is dead, I did plan on moving it when I got my new hosting package but the old one terminated FTP access as soon as I cancelled the account so couldnt get a full copy.

As for the coldfire prototype, yeah I ran out of free time to work on that. Theres a new prototype sat upstairs waiting for me to solder a few pull up resistors and stuff on it and wire the CPLD code but thats not going to happen any time soon.
Im an electronics engineer at Rockwell Automation now and in my free time I race an electric sidecar outfit. my spare time goes to improving my motor controller.

I won the Amiga Nyx Dave H put on auction a while back and its save and sound in my mini museum hehe.

When I get time Ill re-launch the CDTV page, until then ask your questions on a.org. Ill see them and answer if no one else beets me to it. :)

Thanks for noticing guys, makes me feel wanted as always :D

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
Quote from: Oli_hd;660085
I read a.org every day and eab, you can even find me on the a.org irc chat room occationally.
yeah cdtv.org.uk is dead, I did plan on moving it when I got my new hosting package but the old one terminated FTP access as soon as I cancelled the account so couldnt get a full copy.

As for the coldfire prototype, yeah I ran out of free time to work on that. Theres a new prototype sat upstairs waiting for me to solder a few pull up resistors and stuff on it and wire the CPLD code but thats not going to happen any time soon.
Im an electronics engineer at Rockwell Automation now and in my free time I race an electric sidecar outfit. my spare time goes to improving my motor controller.

I won the Amiga Nyx Dave H put on auction a while back and its save and sound in my mini museum hehe.

When I get time Ill re-launch the CDTV page, until then ask your questions on a.org. Ill see them and answer if no one else beets me to it. :)

Oli,  glad to see that you are still around.  I hope that CDTV.org comes back to life some day, it was a great site full of useful info and links.

You are definitely appreciated and your involvement is still wanted in Amiga-Land!

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
Quote from: Oli_hd;660085

Did you want me to put up a mirror of your excellent CDTV site? I'm a big fan of CDTV myself and own two.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;744003
Did you want me to put up a mirror of your excellent CDTV site? I'm a big fan of CDTV myself and own two.

Heh I never did get around to sorting my website out did I....
Ive actually got some free time again now (after how many years? gezz) so Ill sort it.
Got a birthday party tonight but Ill upload it Friday.

Also: I dont mind anyone uploading copies of my CDTV page as long as you credit me and ideally link to cdtv.org.uk.

Whats the best web designing program now? Last time I update my site I was using Seamonkeys web editor. (based on Netscape composer)