Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasos Platform Gets More Linux Support  (Read 1207 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Pegasos Platform Gets More Linux Support
« on: October 10, 2003, 01:39:09 PM »
Linux.pegasosppc.com is now up and running.  On this site, you will find information, URLs, and even image installers for all the brands of Linux which currently work with the Pegasos motherboard.  If you're interested in running Linux on the PPC, this is the place to start!

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
Re: Pegasos Platform Gets More Linux Support
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 02:34:06 PM »
Just what the AmigaOne should have as well.  Expand it to include support articles on how to do things on this particular platform, as well as workarounds for platform-specific issues, and the platform might start attracting Linux newbies as well.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 03:50:35 PM »
I'm going to have to take a good look at that site, i've been thinking about making my Peggy dual boot with some flavour of Linux :-)
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 07:07:48 PM »
This Pegasos support site and many others will be presented as one site. Like all sub-sites that will fall under the Phoenix Developer Consortium umbrella, this one has been built around Felix Schwarz's MorphOS Developer Connection codebase, which will continually expand to incorporate any needed features. All ___ Developer Connections and Pegasos download and community resources under the Phoenix umbrella will soon share a common login and substantial mirroring and load sharing.

Much thanks to Felix, Genesi's Linux man Sven Luther, and graphician/webdesigner André Siegel and the Genesi web staff to get so much done so quickly! Many others are contributing to handle legal and licensing issues - as it all comes together, the organizational approach will be to quickly direct anyone to the proper areas and supply needed communication channels through and across - this becomes like one-stop-shopping.

I should mention that Pegasos download sites like linux.pegasosppc.com will become "Superbundles" for all the various OSes running on Genesi's Pegasos.

We are also going to bring all accredited Pegasos User Groups (PUGs) into the mix by providing any additional resources they should desire - along with a common "umbrella" gateway via Phoenix, with channels to allow all PUGs to share ideas, information, promotions, tradeshow/presentation resources, and to work on common organizational concerns.

We have an incredible array of partners and friends gathering to bring vitality and support to the Pegasos platform - which indeed IS a CONCEPT! : }

<--greenboy---<<<<
coordinator & facilitator-at-large
Phoenix Developer Consortium

<-- greenboy ---<<<<