Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FBI warns about wireless craze  (Read 1213 times)

Description:

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
FBI warns about wireless craze
« on: August 17, 2002, 11:21:39 PM »
Well-meaning wireless activists have caught the attention of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Check out the full story here

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
Re: FBI warns about wireless craze
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 06:31:25 AM »
"Wireless craze"?
Oh, warchalking.
Yeah, I have difficulties walking around in town these days, with all the people laying about drawing on the pavements...

Really now. "Everyone" has been talking about this for, what, a year now, and still "nobody" is doing it.

What's with all these BBC stories on amiga.org recently? I'll be constructive and throw in a link or two though. :)

BTW, to make this vaguely on topic, does anyone know if there's any encrypted (WEP) WiFi support in Elate? *Any* wireless networking for that matter?
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 08:07:12 PM »
BTW, to make this vaguely on topic, does anyone know if there's any encrypted (WEP) WiFi support in Elate? *Any* wireless networking for that matter?

I don't know about Elate, but I've been setting up wireless networks for our customers at work for about 1.5 years now.  The system we use requires you to know the SSID of the network to join (which is a 6 digit number from the RG unit, and each one is different)  And by default WEP is on, and provides 40-bit or 128-bit encryption.  You would have to physically turn WEP off to allow your wireless network to become vulnerable.  And on the units we sell, if you don't put the encryption key in, you cannot join the network.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 10:57:54 PM »
The reason for all these bbc weblinks is down to wayne asking us lot to actually contribute news and stuff to the site, so I like to submit computer stuff i fink peeps will find interesting
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"