Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: commodore amiga 2000  (Read 6092 times)

Description:

Offline Effy

• Show all replies
Re: commodore amiga 2000
« on: October 26, 2002, 12:42:08 PM »
No idea ?? I used to have a towered A1200 with 1230/50/50 and gfx card and X-surf. Now I got a A2000 too with only 2630 turboboard and Evolution-scsi device with hd. A1200 is dead now so I moved that CV64/3D gfx card and ethernet card into the A2000 together with a Buddha Flash IDE controller with 2 ports, and hooked up my A1200 20 Gb harddisc which works very fine without any problem. Now I only need to get much more memory. But if you only wanna play games then more memory is not needed.
About password protection. If it really are other roms that do the protection then there's no easy way out. If it's software at the beginning of the startup-sequence, then try to turn on the computer and hold 2 mouse buttons. You're supposed to get in a 'early startup menu' and then use mouse to click on 'boot without startup-sequence'. You're then supposed to land in some kind of primitive Dos. If that happens then the protection is not in the roms but only on harddisc and no screwdriver will be needed, only some altering of the Startup-sequence, and any amiga user can do that !!  :-)