Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PPC is bad bad bad  (Read 35011 times)

Description:

Offline Ivan

• Show all replies
    • http://www.mnsi.net/~ivan/index.html
Re: PPC is bad bad bad
« on: May 03, 2002, 06:16:12 PM »
>The comments in here are starting to borderline on insults. Let's keep it clean. Difference in opinions are welcome, just stear clear of insults please.

I heard that. :) But then even this post started out admitedly as a flame or very near to one. Even so, it's no excuse.

BUT, (i love that word) i like to read these sorts of posts. I think it's funny how they use some benchmark but forget to tell you that altivec wasent used on the PPC and how many other options were disabled on the other systems tested. OR, (another favorite word) the OS's used in these tests were dogs and probably did more to interfere with performance than anything else. Yet it's all plain as day for them. They arent useing 'my favorite hardware' so it has to be a dead end and 'the world needs to wake up and listen to me because i know better'. Sorry but you dont. :)

PPC is our choice and if you don't like it, go back to your 70's based proprietary x86 archetecture, we wont be stopping you. I've heard that Amiga is dead or dieing for years now. Time to give it up, nobody cares if it's dead or dieing or rotted to dust in the grave, we still like useing it because its a great OS and will continue developing. Just because it wont run on your Windows machine doesn't mean its dead or a bad OS or that the PPC hardware it's running on is useless. Fact of the matter is, PPC is slower with realeases but makes bigger leaps and x86 steals the ideas. If you knew anything about Amiga's plans you wouldnt even have mentioned an x86 version which shows how informed you are on the Amiga scene to begin with. You seem to have the same low view of MACS as well. I love your reasoning, only 3% of the market? Well they must be crap then. I wonder if you think Linux is a bad OS too because it doesnt hold the market majority? Indeed i wonder if you can think of anything but a Wintel box as the top of the line in tech. Please take your Amiga bashing elsewhere, because thats all your post was, we dont want it here.

Ivan