Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Win 8.1 Dual Function Tablet Laptop 64-bit?  (Read 4503 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Win 8.1 Dual Function Tablet Laptop 64-bit?
« on: December 31, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
@danbeaver
how do you want to reach compatibility to win7 application base on 32bit arm device?

obviously the device in question is surface pro, whatever version. it is a touch device with a reasonably large high resolution screen and pressure sensitive stylus, an i5 processor, good expandability through wlan, bluetooth, usb3 and few other options and win8. the drawback is low capacity internal ssd. but all in all very dependable device with good backward compatibility. im writing this from surface pro 1 i own since more than a year and am using underway for all my computer tasks like digital imaging or compiling amiga stuff under vmware debian.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;780811
Thanks, I am not familiar with Lenovo or their products, but I'll read up on these puppies!

i owned lenovo notebooks, in fact i still have one, but top models are too expensive in comparison to features and they use to break down when used extensively just as cheaper devices. i woulnt invest much money there anymore. surface i bought was exactly within 600 price range, i doubt that will be the case with a corresponding model of lenovo.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
ok, i actually had not thought about $ but €. and it was a bit of discount when i bought my surface pro, becase surface pro 2 was about to be released, but so far i remember it was somewhere around 650 for ssd 64gb version, i may have paid extra for the 128gb one. still i dont know what surface pro 3 is going for. im fully satisfied customer so far, not going to upgrade any soon ;)