Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Goose's going out of business sale...  (Read 3258 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: The Goose's going out of business sale...
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:01 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;641472
....... I do hope the new owner doesn't pull it apart to sell the components.

That is exactly what is going to happen to it!  I would be tempted to do it myself, but I just spent a big chunk of cash with AmigaKit and also the last thing I need is another Amiga system, as I already have way too many Classic and NG systems around here.

Someone with the spare cash is going to buy it and part it out on eBay, or AmiBay and make at least double that money back.

Goose, what does the "C" in AmigaOS4.1C stand for?  Is that the latest commercial release of 4.1 for Classic Amiga's?  I guess it would have to be, but I wonder why you would decide to sell your A1200 PPC tower right after buying 4.1 for Classic within the last month.  Do you have another PPC Classic system to run AmigaOS4.1 on, or are you using a SAM, or other AmigaOne?

Lastly, can you give us a review of AmigaOS4.1 for Classic before you sell your system.  I have been considering it for my CSPPC A4000, but have been waiting for more information before I make a purchase.

Edit:  Also would be a great candidate for upgrading by Delshay, or Stachu to put a faster PPC and 68060 chips on it.  Getting it at such a great low price would make it more worthwhile to spend some extra money to make it about twice as fast by sending it to one of those two wizards of hardware upgrades.  Delshay claims to be able to accelerate a Blizzard PPC up to 550MHz!  But I have only seen screen shots of about 400MHz so far.  I also don't know about compatibility with the 550MHz speed he claims to be able to accomplish, as he states that he is using a different PPC chip, not a 603, or 604e at those speeds (up to 500MHz on CSPPC).  Does anyone else have any info about Delshay's screaming PPC upgrades?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:32:51 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)