Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29600 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Amigamaniac
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »
People realize its a hobby, but still, if people pay for things they should get the item within a few months or get their money back.

I have been a customer in the past and it took 6 months to get my item. Maybe you should stop taking new orders if you can't fill orders for things people paid you for a year ago? Just sayin... Your still taking peoples money right? Why if you can't fill orders from a year ago?

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
Wow what a shame... His products were good. I got one of his rgb to svideo adapaters is anyone would like to buy one and have it shipped the next day, let me know... I got it when I still had classic amigas, tried it but didn't use it past that... 50$ by paypal shipped anywhere in the continental us, and I promise you I will ship it the next day after you pay and give you usps tracking info...

I don't have a classic amiga anymore but I was holding on to it just in case. Does not look like I will go back to classics, so if someone wants it, like I said can ship it for you the day after paypal payment is received. PM me for paypal info...

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »
Several people have asked about the rgb to svideo adapter from him I have that I'm willing to sell. Someone even requested pics, which I sent... First pm who says they want it and will send paypal gets it. Will ship the next day.
This was tested when it arrived, worked great but never really used....

Otherwise, I'll just hold on to it for if/when I get a a classic amiga again...

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:02:24 AM »
Cammy, I defended him too (for awhile) But saying he can't ship orders out because he's too depressed is just ridiculous. He wasn't too depressed to take the money from people.

Its very simple, give people back their money or ship their orders, people have waited over a year with no email, no refund, no product, and no communication from him.

if he's really strapped and can't give refunds than at least communicate that  to the buyers and give them a date he feels he can issue a refund or ship their products.

I don't care how depressed you are, You can still send an email.

I liked his products, I hope he snaps out of it, repairs his reputation within the amiga community and starts making new products.

And in truth, I don't mean to sound insensitive to his problems. Its a shame if someone is really that depressed that it affects their life so much,but get some help, communicate with your customers,  do something, don't just ignore people for over a year who paid you $$$ in good faith.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:23:49 AM »
So perhaps he should tell his wife or a close friend he owes people all this money and make good on that. Surely someone close to him would help him if they knew people were calling him a thief for what he's done. I'm sure he has other problems, but a bunch of people calling him a thief (and rightly so) can't help his self esteem.

Its only by facing the music in these type of situations that enable us to move on and improve the situations in our lives.

People have problems, I once had a life threatening brain aneurysm and was rushed to a hospital (where I stayed for 6 weeks) Before I ended up in the hospital, I was selling some stuff on ebay. People had no communication from me for 6 weeks and assumed I'd ripped them off. As soon as I was home and able, I made good on the paypal payments I had received. In truth, I hadn't worked for like 6 weeks at that time, I had to borrow the money from my then girlfriend to make good, but I did.

My paypal accounts and ebay accounts got suspended over this, but once I made good I was able to show my hospital records and return my life to normal. (on the internet anyway)

If I can send refunds after a brain aneurysm, 6 weeks in the hospital and 2 "minor brain surgeries" I'm sorry but I just have little sympathy for someone who is too 'depressed" to do the right thing when people have been waiting for their money or their products for more than a year in many cases.

I am sorry but there is no defense for making people wait so long for their money or product, (unless your dead) Even severely mentally ill people have moments of clarity over such a long stretch of time. Maybe he should use one of those moments to do the right thing here. What no one has mentioned is besides these things being unethical, its also mail fraud, in the USA that is a federal offense and a felony. Ending up in criminal court over your amiga hobby is probably not going to make him any less depressed. He's lucky that people have not filed criminal complaints.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:29:32 AM by haywirepc »

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »
Yes I did, but luckily in my case it did not rupture. If it ruptures, 99% of people stroke out and die instantly. (thats the source of all those stories you hear about a young guy who suddenly has an aneurysm and instantly dies) In my case they caught it before it ruptured, and 2 "minor brain surgeries" later, I began my recovery. I always laughed when the doctors said it was a "minor" brain surgery. There is no such thing as a "minor" brain surgery. Pretty scary.

I have a coiled aneurysm still in my brain. A ticking tomb bomb if you will, which can still rupture at any time. They check it every 3 months with an MRI. All okay so far, but its still feels like a ticking tomb bomb in my head.

My case is actually in several medical journals now because its very rare that the aneurysm does not rupture and instantly kill you.

My neurologists once told me to settle my affairs just in case,because it can often still rupture and and still kill you, even after being "repaired".

Sometimes I think of it as a curse, because I am awfully impatient about wasting time now. But most often, I consider it a gift because before that I never considered how important (and finite) our time on planet earth really is.

It made me love the good people in my life more. It made me kinder, more ready to do kind things for even strangers and often go out of my way to always help people. (a strange side effect) it made me value the good things in life.

A scary experience, but a positive one in many ways.