Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: drive validation on boot question  (Read 489 times)

Description:

Offline MalakieTopic starter

• 'Karma' doesn't choose. It just is! (2020 -T.B.)
    • Show only replies by Malakie
    • Streaming Channel (including Amiga stuff)
drive validation on boot question
« on: June 11, 2022, 06:56:43 PM »
Hi,

Am finishing up a second system restore and repair, this time an A2000 rev6, upgrade agnus (2 meg) and ECS Denise.  I have also installed a true HDMI Video slot card that works beautifully, a Terrible Fire 356 (68030), Gotek drive and dual CF cards, one is 4gb, the other is 8gb.   Ram AVAILABLE is just under 2 meg chip and just over 10 meg fast.

Everything works beautifully except for one issue.   On cold boot, the SECOND drive, the 8 gb one, appears to do a full validation before the machine boots.  Which takes it upward of 5 minutes.  The drive appears to read/write properly, no errors etc.  But booting the thing, it validates every time.

I am running WB and KS 3.2 on this rig.  So the 8GB should not be an issue.   Or is it?    Anyone seen this or have any suggestions what to check?    Both are CF cards and both I have used the brand in all my other systems.  I even swapped it out for a second 8gb just to be sure.  Same result.   Both CF cards are connected to the system via the Terrible Fire IDE port.

Any idea would be appreciated!

Take it light...... :-D

Malakie

Offline Thomas

Re: drive validation on boot question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 07:00:20 PM »

Run this: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de/downloads/hddreport.lha

and attach the report here (as an attachment).